Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatanka Oyate Wacipi - June 20-21 - PA

Who's going?
    Looks like its going to turn out to be a pretty big event this year with Bill Miller in concert, N8V, and some others showing up. Last year some of the Longest Walk 2 peoples showed up.
    This Wacipi is held to help tell the story of the White and Black Buffalo calves that were born there. Even if you cant make the Wacipi, check out the website to read about the buffalo messengers, and to see what others have said.
    Anyways, just spreadin the word......
    BuffaloMessengers
    PowWow Info
    Last edited by Kamama; 06-01-2009, 08:48 PM. Reason: editing links
    Walk softly, leave nothing but footprints....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..................where is the Pow WOw at? Little info. on location would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiiwedinong View Post
      ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..................where is the Pow WOw at? Little info. on location would help.
      It's at the Woodland Zoo near Farmington, PA. The link to the website Kamama posted has all the information. That's also the same weekend as the powwow at Fort Ancient in southern Ohio. I'm committed to something else that weekend so I hope everyone who goes has a good time.

Comment

does anyone have

any info as to pow-wow being open drum?
        sigpicMITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte

Comment

Not sure GrassEagle, but, Im sure if you shoot Hawk an email he will let you know..... heres a link to there contact page - I'll shoot him an email too - let ya know what he says.
          http://www.buffalomessengers.org/contact.html

And heres the link for the powwow flyer, which has the event coordinators # on it http://www.buffalomessengers.org/powwow.html

I hope this helps.

And sorry about not posting all the info on my 1st post. Thanks beerad for adding that info for me. Have fun at Fort Ancient!
          Last edited by Kamama; 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Originally posted by Kamama View Post
            And sorry about not posting all the info on my 1st post. Thanks beerad for adding that info for me. Have fun at Fort Ancient!
            I'm not going to either, I'm committed to some family matters that weekend, but that's OK, it's just as important. :)

Comment

o.k., got a reply back about open drums - looks like its closed drums. But, you can always talk to him and see whats what, maybe plan for next year? If you guys have some tunes on myspace or somethin, send him a link so he'll know how ya sound :)
              One of these days I'll figure out who ya are LOL. I know weve been to a couple of the same powwows this year-i think anyways.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X