No announcement yet.

more border crossin blues...is it true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more border crossin blues...is it true?

A friend of mine told me today that she heard that when crossin the boarder from canada to the States this year that regalia and bundles (not just feathers) would be confiscated. Has anyone else heard this? If true it could be a major problem.

I've heard lots...

Its pretty pathetic as well....Folks are getting tired of being harrassed.....We were heading North a few years back and the Border Officer wanted to cut open our drum to check for any "contents" inside.....rawhide drum mind you.....We just looked at him as if he was crazy....
    "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

I'd suggest that you plan ahead. Talk to folks, know what borders are knowledgeable about pw people and what not. There'z one born every minute so it'd be no suprise that there'z the possibility of one getting hired at border customs.

Here in WA they are making it sound like the Enhanced Drivers' License is the cure all to border crossing woes. If it were only true....oh well. I'd get one but the in depth application process might reveal my true identity as the Frybread Avenger!!!

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• hobbs49
        Caring for Drum Heads
        by hobbs49
        This may seem like an offbeat question, but here goes. I was noticing the other day while sitting in with some guys singing that the drum head had a couple of areas where the hide (buffalo I think) was looking like it had some spidery surface cracks. When I ran my hand over it, I could feel some of...
        02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
      • LoneWolfBunn
        Please ask them to announce this at the next PowWow you go to
        by LoneWolfBunn
        I can easily be called a conspiracy theorist but I would happily accept facts that prove my theories wrong because if I am right our children and our grandchildren are facing some serious health issues in the future. And because of the seriousness of it I wouldn't say this unless I was certain it were...
        01-25-2006, 09:40 PM
      • Annie Fawn
        If you have young children you should be aware of this >>>>
        by Annie Fawn
        For some reason most doctors do not know this, I found out the hard way. IF your child runs a high fever or is on antibotics for a length of time you should let your childs dentist know immediately! High fevers and antibotics can damage a childs teeth, especially if they still have their baby teeth...
        07-02-2005, 05:43 PM
      • Suzizila
        southern ladies shaking rattles?
        by Suzizila
        First, I want to apologize to everyone who knows better(atleast this sounds hokie to me), but I just had to post this. Has anyone ever heard of any southern ladies shaking rattles while singing with a drum? Unfortunatley, in my area, there are some drums who think that ladies should shake rattles,...
        06-05-2002, 11:45 PM
      • sunshineinca
        Large Pow Wow drum??
        by sunshineinca
        I am recently in posession of a double-sided 18"x22" drum. It appears to be made from one log, light color pine or maple?? I am told its a native american pow wow drum. I am wondering if there is anyone who can tell me more about it, how to tell what the skin is, and what are some venues/resources...
        07-27-2012, 01:23 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X