• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feather Fan Found Along Oklahoma Highway

I found this post on another website and thought I would post it here also:

2 Days, 18 Hours ago
    Reposted....

Greetings,

Our Region 2 Migratory Bird Permit Office, here in Albuquerque, was transferred a feather fan that was found along side a highway within Oklahoma. I do not have a lot of details as to the exact location, who found it, etc., but I am awaiting more information that I will forward on.

For the time being I am in possession of this feather fan and will keep it locked up, until hopefully the rightful owner can be located. Why it was found along side a highway, I have no idea, however I wanted to get this message out to as many people as possible, being that someone may have also been passing through the State of OK and somehow lost this fan.

In an effort to find the rightful owner I am not yet going to provide a photo, nor a description, let alone the type of feathers that were used to make this fan. All I will say though is that it was found inside a multicolored protective case and the fan has a unique hand-made handle, with is wrapped in a multicolored cover.

If someone can identify, in detail, the type of feathers used, the case color, and overall description of the fan (ex. the handle), I will work with them in an effort to return the fan. For more information, please contact me directly.

Otherwise, please forward this e-mail on to anyone it might concern.

Thank you,

Joe Early
    Native American Liaison
    U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
    External Affairs - SW Region
    P.O. Box 1306
    500 Gold Ave., SW, Rm.#8504
    Albuquerque, NM 87102
    (505) 248-6602
    FAX 248-6915
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

dang .... it probably blew out the back of a truck or out a window ....

hope who ever lost it ... reads this ... and learns to tie it down to something when traveling

i've heard about ppl putting bustles in the box of trucks and driving home like that .... without putting it away even. of course they lost em ...
    Watch your broken dreams...
    Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
      ... If someone can identify, in detail, the type of feathers used, the case color, and overall description of the fan (ex. the handle), I will work with them in an effort to return the fan. For more information, please contact me directly.

Joe Early
      Native American Liaison
      U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
      External Affairs - SW Region
      P.O. Box 1306
      500 Gold Ave., SW, Rm.#8504
      Albuquerque, NM 87102
      (505) 248-6602
      FAX 248-6915

Don't do it! It's a trick. He's a FED!!! *L
      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

you call then the feds kick your door down and grab all your feathers...... sneaky bunch the feds......
        Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

keeps ur feather papers with u i live in ok and the feds struck in white eagle not to long ago :o

Comment

It crossed my mind that it might be the fed pulling a trick.... but if I lost a fan somewhere in OK.... I would check it out...

Comment

I have to say this is surprisingly nice for USFWS.

If it is your fan you are gonna have to have your permit to get it back though.

Comment

Originally posted by legalstraight View Post

You know that is what I thought and of course if you have papers they would give it back

I just thought I would post it here, for I found it on Powwow Time website
                ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                Till I Die!

Comment

Glad people repost this kinda stuff though, I have heard of many instances in which people lost stuff and got it back because of bulletins online. Wasn't that the case last year when some stuff got stolen, and emails went around and some museum people found em and returned em?

we found a jingle dress and a grass dance set zipped up in hanger bag draped over a fence the day after our past memorial day powwow in cass lake, and I made a few myspace posts...and a few days later the original owners got em back. As it turns out they were stolen a few months before, and the people who stole them musta left them at this powwow.
                  www.myspace.com/anishtradish

Comment

Originally posted by anishtradish View Post
                    Glad people repost this kinda stuff though, I have heard of many instances in which people lost stuff and got it back because of bulletins online. Wasn't that the case last year when some stuff got stolen, and emails went around and some museum people found em and returned em?

we found a jingle dress and a grass dance set zipped up in hanger bag draped over a fence the day after our past memorial day powwow in cass lake, and I made a few myspace posts...and a few days later the original owners got em back. As it turns out they were stolen a few months before, and the people who stole them musta left them at this powwow.
                    good job buddy....
                    sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by legalstraight View Post

well they do DNA test all birds that come through their system don't they? and theoretically they should be able to tell who's fan it is ... right?

unless of course they don't DNA track who gets what feathers ... but they know it came from a "legal" bird ...

and it could be from an "illegal" one and they are just doing an elaborate sting operation ... LOL
                      Watch your broken dreams...
                      Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Originally posted by chazziff View Post
                        well they do DNA test all birds that come through their system don't they? and theoretically they should be able to tell who's fan it is ... right?

unless of course they don't DNA track who gets what feathers ... but they know it came from a "legal" bird ...

and it could be from an "illegal" one and they are just doing an elaborate sting operation ... LOL

Dang, CSI involve now. LOL

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X