X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deerlover
    started a topic 4th of July no celebration

4th of July no celebration

The united states celebrates the 4th of July as independence day, A day the amerian colonies fought the British over land that didn't belong to either peoples.. I have thought about the significance of this day..the native people were killed, tricked,and robbed of ancestoral land. The natives helped the european immigrants survive on this new continent.,, in returned got put on reservations.Why should I shoot fireworks and celebrate something that destroyed cultures? Maybe I can look at it as a way to celebrate all the veterans...this I can do.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• veritasxl
    Do you celebrate the 4th of July?
    by veritasxl
    I'm just asking......
    Every year I see many Ndns and Blacks spending good money on '4th of july outfits' and buying fireworks. So as I grow older I question why we do some of the things we do. On the 4th of July 1776 neither of us were subjects of the Crown on England, so how were we made Independent?...
    07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
  • xTekno
    Cow Appreciation Day - July 15
    by xTekno
    When : July 15th

Today is Cow Appreciation Day. And, that's no bull! But, it is something to "Moo" about.

Our appreciation for cows can be expressed in many ways. Some websites suggest you go out and give a cow a big hug and/or a kiss. While it might sound like...
    07-14-2010, 05:27 PM
  • **jdazmum**
    4th of July wasn't the same.
    by **jdazmum**
    I wanted to share a story with you about my 4th of July experience. We attended the local holiday celebration by attending the parade downtown here in Flagstaff, Az. This was our first time attending this parade. We watched a 2 hour parade that didn't signify the troops, but only witnessed political...
    07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
  • NativetoIndian
    " Honest Injun "
    by NativetoIndian
    The "Honest Injun" phrise by GOP Leader Michael Steel ("Injuns" slang word for American Indians.) a racist slurr?)
    "Indians" are outraged by the "Honest Injun" slang being used.

when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made his comment about...
    01-24-2010, 02:57 PM
  • Annie Fawn
    A little something for the 4th of July
    by Annie Fawn
    A friend sent me this today and it is one of my favorite songs. Many of us here are U.S. Indians and no matter how we feel about how our people were treated in the past, we do believe in our country. Thats why U.S. Native Indians have been awarded more silver stars, and other awards than any other race....
    07-02-2005, 05:56 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X