Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pow Wows Gone Bad

Hey everyone!
    I am producing a show for Native America Calling for next week on Pow Wows gone bad. Have you been noticing any of the following?
    1. People being disrespectful during prayers, honor songs, grand entry by: not standing up, talking loudly?
    2. Selling things inside the pow wow circle, particularly during dancing?
    3. What about the things being sold at pow wows: are you sick of the fake cigarettes, guns, plastic toys?
    4. Has it gotten worse? Have you said to yourself, “I’m not going to the next one, this was the worst!”
    I also welcome stories from the other side, if you don’t think it is that bad, or you only attend traditional pow wows and want to tell me about it, contact me too. I liked the stories I read on the Diva thread...stuff like that interests me.
    The show is next week so contact me soon!
    Thanks!!
    Monica
    [email protected]
    505-999-2445

Last edited by lbgood; 07-30-2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quietcoyote13 View Post
      Hey everyone!
      I am producing a show for Native America Calling for next week on Pow Wows gone bad. Have you been noticing any of the following?
      1. People being disrespectful during prayers, honor songs, grand entry by: not standing up, talking loudly?
      2. Selling things inside the pow wow circle, particularly during dancing?
      3. What about the things being sold at pow wows: are you sick of the fake cigarettes, guns, plastic toys?
      4. Has it gotten worse? Have you said to yourself, “I’m not going to the next one, this was the worst!”
      I also welcome stories from the other side, if you don’t think it is that bad, or you only attend traditional pow wows and want to tell me about it, contact me too. I liked the stories I read on the Diva thread...stuff like that interests me.
      The show is next week so contact me soon!
      Thanks!!
      Monica

[email protected]
      505-999-2445

Monica,

I just replied to your email you sent me. I would be willing to help you with resources and contact information in powwow country.
      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X