Triple Shootin at Pow Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Shootin at Pow Wow

WEST VANCOUVER — A triple shooting on the Capilano Reserve Saturday night left three wounded and cast a dark shadow over the Squamish Nation powwow being hosted at the reserve this weekend.

Three people, one female and two males, were wounded after gunfire broke out outside of the powwow gate just after 11 p.m. Saturday night.

The female victim suffered superficial wounds and was released from hospital.

The male victims are still in serious condition in hospital — one with a bullet still lodged in his body.

The shooting happened after a group of people tried to gain access to the powwow grounds last night and were refused, said Chief Bill Williams.

The shooter was not a member of the Squamish First Nation, according to Williams.

"Witnesses described a man doing the shooting," said Cpl. Fred Harding of the West Vancouver Police Department. “I don't know what origin, what nationality, what age.”

Read more:
    Triple shooting at powwow leaves two in serious condition
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
    WEST VANCOUVER — A triple shooting on the Capilano Reserve Saturday night left three wounded and cast a dark shadow over the Squamish Nation powwow being hosted at the reserve this weekend.

Three people, one female and two males, were wounded after gunfire broke out outside of the powwow gate just after 11 p.m. Saturday night.

The female victim suffered superficial wounds and was released from hospital.

The male victims are still in serious condition in hospital — one with a bullet still lodged in his body.

The shooting happened after a group of people tried to gain access to the powwow grounds last night and were refused, said Chief Bill Williams.

The shooter was not a member of the Squamish First Nation, according to Williams.

"Witnesses described a man doing the shooting," said Cpl. Fred Harding of the West Vancouver Police Department. “I don't know what origin, what nationality, what age.”

Read more:
    Triple shooting at powwow leaves two in serious condition
    I cant fathom the idea that I would need to take a pistol to a Powwow and especially in West Vancouver
    It sounded to me that the person was looking for trouble and found it
    To me gun control of small caliber pistols and firearms that are designed to be concealed is longggg overdue!!!

The very thought that such weapons were not designed for only one purpose and that was to be concealed and use on other human is pure BullSh*t

I grew up around weapons all my life, my father was a marine and at a very young age all my brothers and sister were taught how to handle a weapon and clean that weapon and shoot it
    We never played with those weapons or dry fire them playing around
    My Father pounded into us that if you point a weapon at somebody you intend to KILL them
    So it was not a game and we learned respect of those weapons they were tools that were used to provide food
    Thats it!

Of course we are going about this all wrong its not the person that buys the weapon that is at fault
    NO its the Manufacturer that is making so many of these CHEAP AZZ pistols that any knucklehead can pick on the street fro 20 bucks...
    Go after the source

But hey just my opinion
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

Comment

I can't imagine having to wear a flak jacket under my regalia, that's for sure.

The problem with gun control laws is that it affects the law-abiding citizen who has to jump through hoops to get a weapon. The crooks will always find a way to get them.

Comment

Here is an update on this Story

West Vancouver powwow shooting victim lucky to be alive
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

It sadens me to think that this could happen but then again booze and drugs are no new item in any group. This is a situation that did get out of hand, the security was toooooo lax on this and could have prevented the shift from hitting the fan, they were there for hours, intoxicated, someone should have called them out to have them physically removed,,, sorry folks but the powwows are for clear minded people and the rules state NO BOOZE or DRUGS on Powwow grounds. So standing at the gate is well within the rights of the security to call the officials and toss them in a can overnight to cool off! Maybe or maybe not, depending on the view point this could have been averted!!!
          AS per the guns laws, heck here in Canada we are not allowed to carry handguns and rifles are a piece of trouble to own! So to the laws of possession, about time to stop the trafficing in weapons period. I don't see that we need to carry a weapon period in our own homeland, there are ways of dealing with people other than lead! Kindness goes further than lead. Education I guess is the biggest factor on how lead kills and regrets are tooo late.
          Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
          Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

it saddens me that violence has crept into pow wows. there was violence at Schemitzun back in 2006 i think.
            Bahnisiain

Comment

Dudes,

I was going to go to this powwow. I had a lacrosse tournament there that day but my wife was too tired to go anywhere so we just stayed in the room. Good thing. Still no leads though.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X