northern arapaho powwow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northern arapaho powwow

i haven't been here since 05 and i'm looking forward to the powwow...
    northernarapaho.com has some info. i guess there are grand entries 7 on fri, 6 sat, and 5 on sunday...thank god cuz its frickin hot. i was wondering if its still a dirt floor to dance on or if there is grass now??? i know its kind of a diva question but it'd be some info 2 know...

Originally posted by marichriaddi View Post
    northernarapaho.com has some info. i guess there are grand entries 7 on fri, 6 sat, and 5 on sunday...thank god cuz its frickin hot. i was wondering if its still a dirt floor to dance on or if there is grass now??? i know its kind of a diva question but it'd be some info 2 know...
    Prolly a dirt floor, so not DIVA specific! dirt with ruts...lol

Comment

last year it was in arapaho.. n it was a dirt arena covered by fake grass... with all the rocks n bumps underneath lol....

this year it's n Ethete (right) so maybe they planted grass?? ha ha... hopefully :D:D anyway...

safe travels 2 everyone!! see ya there ;:D:D

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

Back in 02 when Mystic River was host, our committee tirelessly worked on funds for sod and then we laid it ourselves. It was alot of work, but we did it for the dancers, because we're dancers and we know the dance surface makes a difference. We kept it going for the next year while we were on the committee, but after that I guess they didn't think it was important. Sorry to say it's dirt, unless they made a mad dash and laid sod overnight!!
        Nevertheless, I hope you have a great time at ETHETE CELEBRATION !!!!

Comment

some winners

Heard it was a pretty bad Dust bowl, but here's some winners I heard.

Men's tradish
          1. Novi Smith, Denver
          2. Terry "Tha Brock" Brockie, Montana
          3. Merle Eagle Speaker, Idaho by way of Yakima

Woman's Tradish
          1. Tara Trujillo, Denver
          2. Summer Bummerz Baldwin, Ft. Halla
          3. Joyce Hayes, Ft. Halla

Woman Fancy
          1. Leela Abrahamson, Ft. Halla
          2. Taylor Spoonhunter
          3. Sally Ann Jack, Ft. Halla

Men's Grass?

Men's Fancy?

Men's Southern Straight
          1. Eagle Boy White Shield, Denver
          2. ?
          3. Buck Wallahee

Woman Jingle?

Men's Trad. Jackpot
          Novi Smith

Woman Trad Jackpot
          Delmarina One Feather

Not sure anything else.

Furiously Fancy can fill us in! when he wakes up

and my wife and her travelling partner, got pulled over 3 times this weekend for speeding! last time was twice this morning! and once going over there! what tha!? Cop Magnets or what? Dayum, worse than a guy!

Comment

was gonna go, but ended up going to Cheyenne, how come you wasnt there tradancur, enjoying the dust bowl with everyone else??? LOL, congrats to all the winners, especially taylor, summer, sally ann, leela, and chris eagle hawk (sr mens tradish)...........

Comment

mens grass 1st bart powaukee 2nd lakota clairmont 3rd orlando dugi
              fancy 1st walt runs above 2nd jr lone lodge
              round bustle/chicken 1st kalen sunrhodes 2nd tate honadick 3rd levon bigknife sr
              drum contest
              1st mile high
              2nd braveheart
              3rd ghost canyon
              clown dance-buck wallahe...this guy was nuts! lol

womens jingle 3rd casey hendsley 2nd jamie eaglespeaker 1st alli denny
              s. traditional 3rd angela butler 2nd melissa woody 1st sheryl iron

southern str8 2nd place was marshall funmaker
              Last edited by marichriaddi; 07-21-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thizgirlpowwows View Post
                was gonna go, but ended up going to Cheyenne, how come you wasnt there tradancur, enjoying the dust bowl with everyone else??? LOL, congrats to all the winners, especially taylor, summer, sally ann, leela, and chris eagle hawk (sr mens tradish)...........

I kept expecting you to pop in!! :D:D we all complained about the dust bowl... and how dusty it was..... so on sunday night.. it rained! lol.... good wacipi tho... :D

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

Back up results...

Who won da back up singing contest?

Comment

Originally posted by song_bird_woman View Post
                    Who won da back up singing contest?
                    whoever the person was backup singing for pawnee spotted horse, that's who won...

Comment

No comment.
                      "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

!

DUSTY POW WOW

MNX came stacked and was JAMING!! so was tha contest drum groups! plus the committee had their cash YAY!
                        GOOD DUSTY POW WOW!~

Comment

Finally made it home yesterday! I will say this, the rain that came thru sure made it easy to get through the rest of Sunday nite! That wuz pretty good!

Didn't stick around to listen to winnerz after the they announced teens & jrs, but everyone that I expected to win, won. Mile High wuz soundin' good.

Ethete got a chance to experience what I call the "Aw Hell Naw, Buck!" Clown Dance! That dudes friggn silly, furrealz! If there wuz n e thing I could wish for you pw.com'erz, would be to see that! Youtube worthy, definitely! I'll go check! *L

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

yup yup it was a goot pw...but the dust was something else...but the rain on sun was worth it..yeh that clown dance was funny... n mile hi was sounding good...
                            "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X