• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London, Ky: September 11th-13th, 2009

Host Northern Drum: Northern Whistle, Tennessee
    Host Southern Drum: Red Oak, North Carolina
    Arena Director: Art Hoover, Ojibawa

More information to come soon.
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Originally posted by LSS View Post
    Host Northern Drum: Northern Whistle, Tennessee
    Host Southern Drum: Red Oak, North Carolina
    Arena Director: Art Hoover, Ojibawa

More information to come soon.
    LSS, hey man...hope all is well with you guys!!

Don't want to undercut your thread here at all, but just wanted to relate that we called about this dance...figured it might be worth cruising up for...come to find out all of the dancers are contracted only...it's more of a show than a pow wow. The director of the dance tried to put us in touch with the AD "so we could get contracted too", but that's not really our thing. Shame too...looks like the music would have been good that weekend.

Just wanted to share the info.
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Wojapi4Me View Post
      LSS, hey man...hope all is well with you guys!!

Don't want to undercut your thread here at all, but just wanted to relate that we called about this dance...figured it might be worth cruising up for...come to find out all of the dancers are contracted only...it's more of a show than a pow wow. The director of the dance tried to put us in touch with the AD "so we could get contracted too", but that's not really our thing. Shame too...looks like the music would have been good that weekend.

Just wanted to share the info.
      Good music...yeah..thats about all I can promise. I've never been to this place...

I don't think other "legit" dancers would be turned away. My guess the reason for the "contracted dancers" is to ensure good dancers instead of the "Oh My God's" you often see off the "beaten path".
      To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Comment

Originally posted by LSS View Post
        My guess the reason for the "contracted dancers" is to ensure good dancers instead of the "Oh My God's" you often see off the "beaten path".
        And to keep tigers, cougars, and other predatory cats away.
        ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeEater View Post
          And to keep tigers, cougars, and other predatory cats away.
          LMBO...You remember that last place we sang at huh!

We were had just finished singing a song for a straight dance exhibition and there goes this lady walking past the vendors in a skin tight tiger outfit. Form fitting from ankels to the little straps that covered her chest and tied around her neck. Smoke here pointed her out as we were singing. We made such a big joke about it that afterwards the MC announced the guys were hunting for cougar tracks!

MEOW!!!!!

Comment

ok who cared about the tiger....is a contest or traditional pow wow?

Comment

not really a powwow more a show the yr. we were host northern drum (2yrs ago) was kinda crazy. we ended up havin to sing everything cuz the host southern drum was also most of the dancers. we even got them to end it early on saturday cuz we wanted to see RAMPAGE JACKSON VS. CHUCK LIDELL FOR THE LITE HEAVY WEIGHT UFC BELT. we had a good time though anyway
              Last edited by shinobmatt; 08-10-2009, 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X