Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experienced Tabulator looking for hire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced Tabulator looking for hire...

Aaahnii......
    Not quiet sure how to navigate the "Pow-Wow.com" domain thus leaving empty messages in rather odd areas.

I have 5 years experience. Have worked with various tabulation programs. Work well with others and under stressful/demanding sitautions.
    Willing to travel. Knowledgable about the dance arena, the different types of dances, traditions, etc (was a dancer but broke my ankle-now spectator/staff).
    Have references. Willing to learn. Open and a pleasure to work with.
    Any suggestions? Looking to start A.S.A.P
    not sure if you can contact me via pow-wow.com but will return to view posts.

Chi-miigwetch
    Harmony

Great qualities but can you be bought at the right price? LOL just kidding. Lots of places I know need honest tabulators, however, it would seem difficult to resist especially when the very committee or tribe that you are working for comes up and puts the finger on you to cater to them. Proficient tabulators are available but many are willing to compromise!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueskysmom View Post
      Great qualities but can you be bought at the right price? LOL just kidding. Lots of places I know need honest tabulators, however, it would seem difficult to resist especially when the very committee or tribe that you are working for comes up and puts the finger on you to cater to them. Proficient tabulators are available but many are willing to compromise!!!!
      THis is so true! I don't know how many times I've seen committee members come up to the tabulators and tell them that so and so should get extra points because he or she came along ways to be there. Or they will say, this person should have more first place points because they come from a championship family.

Comment

Miigwetch for your replies...I understand this is the case for many pow-wow's thus I am trying to go mainstream but require more experience. Like I have said I have five years and during those 5 years me and my partners have NEVER once bended to the will of others- not once- I pride myself on this. And if you have ever seen my partners you would understand. WE ARE NOT PUSH OVERS. We have often times questioned the motives of certain judges...directly to the Pow-Wow org, and questioned the "points system" but never have awarded certain dancers extra points. I love this job, I love my people and I love my traditions- this is why I want to do this.
        So if you could kindly pass on my info to different pow-wow organizations in your area I would appreciate this very much.
        Also if you have any suggestions as to how I can put my name out there I would be grateful.
        Again Chi-Miigwetch

Comment

Looks like Tabulators is still TBA at NABI 2-010: Chasing the Sun Powwow & 10K

PM me for a direct line to the coordinator.

Comment

Do you have an outline of your Rules or Policies? If not, you should have one. So people who hire you will know what to expect. That always helps prevent some compromising situations...

Good luck! I prefer to watch. My last tabulation gig will be NDNSooners pw in Wannabe's prophecies thread...

Comment

"HEAD TABULATOR" Is The Stupidest Thing To Put On A Powwow Poster...
              Should It Even Matter Who It Is? Thats One More A Hole To Kiss For All The Powwowticians.... LOL
              Anyone Who Can Use An Excel Spread Sheet Should Be Able To Do This Job... Doesnt Take A Genius...
              Come On Now People...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hawk View Post
                "HEAD TABULATOR" Is The Stupidest Thing To Put On A Powwow Poster...
                Should It Even Matter Who It Is? Thats One More A Hole To Kiss For All The Powwowticians.... LOL
                Anyone Who Can Use An Excel Spread Sheet Should Be Able To Do This Job... Doesnt Take A Genius...
                Come On Now People...
                Yeah, good point, but if you know who the tabulator(s) are, then you can decide if it's worth the trip or not, eh?

Comment

Well It Shouldnt Be A Major Decision Anyway... Wutt Ever Happened To Going To Powwows To Have Fun?
                  If You Have To Rely On Powwows For Money THAT Bad... I Suggest Getting A Job... Because The Ones That Kiss Booty N Start Drama Are Only Ruining The Fun For Everyone Else...

But Anyway... Back To The Topic... N Going Back To The Excel Thingy... Why Not Offer Extra Credit To Some Students Taking A Computer Class Or Something?? Or Make It An Assignment... Then It Would Most Likely Be Non Biased... And A Teacher Could Make Any Corrections If There Are Any... Or Something...

Not Only Would You Save Money... You Would Get The Real Results... Unlike Thee Denver March Tabulation System That Everyone Gets All Fired Up For... LOL You Wont Have People Win Who Didnt Dance.. LMAO

Comment

tabulations

Tabulations aren't as easy as you think. We are an experienced crew from Canada doing close to 15 pow wows a year and I can vouch that there's more to it then adding up numbers. Pow wow's nowadays are averaging 100k, leaving that up to students in an excel sheet is a lot of pressure especially when names and numbers don't match registration at the end of the pow wow.

Every other service supporting a competition pow wow has become specialized from sound system to the quality of vendors, to the performance of the MC's. Tabulating is probably the last aspect of a comp. pow wow to become specialized and offer professional customer service and providing pow wow committee's with worry free results. Not all of the crews out there are at that level but they soon will be to continue competing with each other.

Just needed to respond the the impression that tabulating is easier then it looks. lol :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hawk View Post
                      Well It Shouldnt Be A Major Decision Anyway... Wutt Ever Happened To Going To Powwows To Have Fun?
                      If You Have To Rely On Powwows For Money THAT Bad... I Suggest Getting A Job... Because The Ones That Kiss Booty N Start Drama Are Only Ruining The Fun For Everyone Else...

But Anyway... Back To The Topic... N Going Back To The Excel Thingy... Why Not Offer Extra Credit To Some Students Taking A Computer Class Or Something?? Or Make It An Assignment... Then It Would Most Likely Be Non Biased... And A Teacher Could Make Any Corrections If There Are Any... Or Something...

Not Only Would You Save Money... You Would Get The Real Results... Unlike Thee Denver March Tabulation System That Everyone Gets All Fired Up For... LOL You Wont Have People Win Who Didnt Dance.. LMAO
                      If I had confidence that the "college kid" could handle the pressure and do a good job. Then yeah I would consider it... But if someone is going to a "BIG TIME" powwow, they expect tabulation to be done "error free" So....... it's just like anything in life.... You pay for what you get!

You talk about letting anyone do tabulation.... and complain about ppl who don't dance winning in the same post... interesting....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X