Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indio Winners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Indio Winners

    In case anyone is wondering, here's some winners from Indio:

    Southern Straight
    Place Contestant
    5th Barry Brown
    4th Sean Spicer
    3rd Lewis Perkikns
    2nd Shude Victors
    1st Ronnie Goodeagle Jr

    No Fancy
    Place Contestant
    5th Fabian Phoenix
    4th Chaske Hemingger
    3rd Jerry Cleveland Jr
    2nd Darrell Hill
    1st Kenny Pratt Jr

    So Fancy
    Place Contestant
    5th Quanah Henry
    4th Amos Yazzie III
    3rd JR Lonelodge
    2nd Isaiah Bob
    1st Dwight WhiteBuffalo

    Grass
    Place Contestant
    5th Joseph Baldwin
    4th Clifton Goodwill
    3rd Wesley Windy Boy
    2nd Adam Nordwall
    1st Julias Not Afraid

    Golden Age Women Northern
    Place Contestant
    5th Edith Yazzie
    4th Maryann Patrick
    3rd Nita Track
    2nd Virgie Tsosie
    1st Lillian Goodeagle

    Golden Age Women Sourthern
    Place Contestant
    5th Pauline Hadley
    4th Julia Roubideaux
    3rd Annie Begay
    2nd Dolores Goodeagle
    1st Charlene Cozad

    Golden Age Men Northern
    Place Contestant
    5th Mark Roanhorse
    4th Greg Red Elk
    3rd Sarge Old Horn
    2nd Darrell Goodwill
    1st Norman Largo

    Golden Age Men Sourthern
    Place Contestant
    5th Paul Stewart
    4th Allenroy Pay-Kwin
    3rd Tommy Draper
    2nd Gary Koshiway
    1st Ronald D Goodeagle

    Southern Buckskin
    Place Contestant
    5th Raetava Yazzie
    4th Jessica Whiteshield
    3rd Keri Jhane NoiseCat
    2nd Laurie Whitecloud
    1st Dalynn Alley

    Northern Stationary
    Place Contestant
    5th J'shen Tsosie
    4th Maurissa Two Two
    3rd Grace Pushetonequa
    2nd Lisa LittleIron
    1st Delamarina OneFeather

    Southern Cloth
    Place Contestant
    5th Kelly Redhouse
    4th Angela Butler
    3rd Leah McGurk Brown
    2nd Amy No Ear
    1st Ponka-We Victors

    Northern Walk Around
    Place Contestant
    5th Vikki Joe
    4th Ruby McArthur
    3rd Lark Real Bird Paz
    2nd Jacinta Tsosie
    1st Summer Baldwin




    Fancy
    Place Contestant
    5th Desirae Redhouse
    4th Urseloria Kanuho
    3rd Rose Track
    2nd Verna Street
    1st Bobbi Lynn Pratt

    Jingle
    Place Contestant
    5th Celeste McGurk
    4th Jovelle Pacheco
    3rd Henrietta Scalplock
    2nd Candace McCabe
    1st Leah Orneasoo

  • #2
    Drum Contest???

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, cool!
      Thanks for sharing. :)
      Congrats to everyone!
      sigpic
      I no listen any moar,
      you iz lion to me.
      :[

      Comment


      • #4
        who was the host drum

        ______________ oh well, I heard it was a good one
        Originally posted by summertyme View Post
        Drum Contest???
        2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

        "We Walk in Two Worlds"


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by summertyme View Post
          Drum Contest???
          Young Bird
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
            Young Bird

            Who by the way also won the drum contest! And it's no wonder about that....considering that whoever was controlling the sound system only cranked the volume up to MAXIMUM every time they sang. And if they don't think nobody noticed.................! And by the way, there were 'judges' sitting up in the audience around the arena who were judging the drums on how loud they sounded! Hmmmmm......
            But don't get me wrong, Young Bird sounded good, but how obvious can you get???????
            >>BOOMER~SOONER<<
            >>>>>><<>><<<<<<

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by laokie View Post
              Who by the way also won the drum contest! And it's no wonder about that....considering that whoever was controlling the sound system only cranked the volume up to MAXIMUM every time they sang. And if they don't think nobody noticed.................! And by the way, there were 'judges' sitting up in the audience around the arena who were judging the drums on how loud they sounded! Hmmmmm......
              But don't get me wrong, Young Bird sounded good, but how obvious can you get???????
              This sounds like the sound guy didn't position the mic(s) accordingly to the actual sound the group was generating ... or that he didn't adjust the volumn on the mixer to compensate the high volumn some singing groups make. I know this from experience and Young Bird just naturally sounds very LOAD. The only thing you can do is either position the mic or adjust the mixer volume. One just can't keep the volumn level the same for all the singing groups.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                This sounds like the sound guy didn't position the mic(s) accordingly to the actual sound the group was generating ... or that he didn't adjust the volumn on the mixer to compensate the high volumn some singing groups make. I know this from experience and Young Bird just naturally sounds very LOAD. The only thing you can do is either position the mic or adjust the mixer volume. One just can't keep the volumn level the same for all the singing groups.
                Nope, it was cranked up! You could only tell the difference between them singing and the other drum groups! And everybody was commenting on that...how you couldn't even think when YB was singing, it was sooooo loud! I know YB is loud, but I also know some of those other drum groups are loud too, but this was ridiculous! AND I won't mention who the sound people were.....but everybody knew who it was!!
                >>BOOMER~SOONER<<
                >>>>>><<>><<<<<<

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by laokie View Post
                  Nope, it was cranked up! You could only tell the difference between them singing and the other drum groups! And everybody was commenting on that...how you couldn't even think when YB was singing, it was sooooo loud! I know YB is loud, but I also know some of those other drum groups are loud too, but this was ridiculous! AND I won't mention who the sound people were.....but everybody knew who it was!!
                  Ok, I believe you.

                  Bet that left your ears ringing long after.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not Choosing Sides

                    Originally posted by laokie View Post
                    Who by the way also won the drum contest! And it's no wonder about that....considering that whoever was controlling the sound system only cranked the volume up to MAXIMUM every time they sang. And if they don't think nobody noticed.................! And by the way, there were 'judges' sitting up in the audience around the arena who were judging the drums on how loud they sounded! Hmmmmm......
                    But don't get me wrong, Young Bird sounded good, but how obvious can you get???????
                    I helped a vendor friend pack up, and visited a local friend recovering from surgery, and then drove back to San Diego later Sunday night....and worked at 8:00 AM next morning... I don't know if I should trust my memory, LOL.

                    I claim to be neutral on this matter. Were all the mikes the same brand and condition? Any other equipment factors?

                    Midnight Express sounded pretty loud, also. Yeah, the mixer board seemed unattended a bit...I sat above it for a while...White Tail could be heard from other side...I dunno...

                    I did see them bring a fresh microphone out to the drum on northwest corner (name ?), so somebody was actively working the sound issues.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well im the one who did the sound there and my name is dale roberts.. now for the people who are whinning why don't you post your name on here, or are you just going to ***** behind the keyboard! i keep the sound level the same for everyone and it's not my fault that some drums are louder the other drums.. wayne ran the drum contest and during one judging round he ask me to use one mic and drop the level to half and keep it that same level for the judges to prove who was louder. and worm came over to ask what was happening with the sound levels during that round, and told him what wayne had requested, and he understood..as for leaving the mixing board alone someone was always there, we was in the back and i dont know how you can see back there, cause it was dark were i was sitting at.. now for the fresh mic.. i hope you are not that dumb, and realize the batteries do need to be changed...duh, if you have a problem about the sound why don't you be a man and come and see me, next time... i do sound for lots of powwows all over and i have no complaints... that makes me wonder if you are a real powwow person or a local who stay local... i know i sound upset right now, and i'm so sorry if i come across bold... i try to be fair with everyone but if you do have a problem i wish you would come and see me about it and not hide behind a computer and jump my case. next time come and see me... so we can resolve this in person.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        sounds to me that ta'neeszahnii techno, is after sneek a peeks job, i remember last year at ft. macdowel he had problems with his stuff, sound cuttin out, and slow gettin to the drums... heck we all know nobodys perfect... everybody makes mistakes... everybody has there own way of setting up there sound and controlling it.... can't we all just get along, and quite finding stuff to complain about...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dad View Post
                          sounds to me that ta'neeszahnii techno, is after sneek a peeks job, i remember last year at ft. macdowel he had problems with his stuff, sound cuttin out, and slow gettin to the drums... heck we all know nobodys perfect... everybody makes mistakes... everybody has there own way of setting up there sound and controlling it.... can't we all just get along, and quite finding stuff to complain about...
                          All I commented on was that either the mic was too close to the singers or the volume was not adjusted for the LOAD singing group. I don't know what made you come to the conclusion that I was after Sneek a Peek's job.

                          Like Sneek a Peek posted, not all the drum groups sound the same, some are extremely louder than others. That's one reason why you have to be fair to all and use the same model mics. Certainly, batteries will wear out time to time and they do have to be replaced, sometimes you do have to swap out mics if you're short on time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Not Here To Cause Trouble

                            Originally posted by sneek a peek View Post
                            well im the one who did the sound there and my name is dale roberts.. now for the people who are whinning why don't you post your name on here, or are you just going to ***** behind the keyboard! i keep the sound level the same for everyone and it's not my fault that some drums are louder the other drums.. wayne ran the drum contest and during one judging round he ask me to use one mic and drop the level to half and keep it that same level for the judges to prove who was louder. and worm came over to ask what was happening with the sound levels during that round, and told him what wayne had requested, and he understood..as for leaving the mixing board alone someone was always there, we was in the back and i dont know how you can see back there, cause it was dark were i was sitting at.. now for the fresh mic.. i hope you are not that dumb, and realize the batteries do need to be changed...duh, if you have a problem about the sound why don't you be a man and come and see me, next time... i do sound for lots of powwows all over and i have no complaints... that makes me wonder if you are a real powwow person or a local who stay local... i know i sound upset right now, and i'm so sorry if i come across bold... i try to be fair with everyone but if you do have a problem i wish you would come and see me about it and not hide behind a computer and jump my case. next time come and see me... so we can resolve this in person.....
                            Dale, I apologize if you think I was attacking you. I was actually pointing out that you were working hard, replacing that mike (how could I know exactly what was wrong with it?).

                            My comment about the mixer does seem harsh, going back over it, but I meant that nobody was cranking it up during certain songs. I was in the bleachers right above. These are just my observations, taking no sides.

                            I had a great time getting to hear 8 different drums at one event, no matter what sound levels. Too bad it has to be a competition....

                            peace out,

                            AK
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              it was a good one!

                              1st- Young Bird, 2nd-Midnite Express, 3rd-The Boyz, 4th-Cozad, 5th Pipestone Creek, 6th- Eyabay, 7th- Omaha WhiteTail. All in all for the Singing Contest, i think Wayne Silas did an awesome job, the pow wow was a good one, I sang with Pipestone Creek... and we all had a great weekend down in Indio, Young Bird sounded awesome they really did sound good, big ups to all the crews that were there.... everyone involved in the pow wow did a great job, the sound man, you did a good job... regardless everyones opinion on the "sound" situation, all the drums did a great job... Congrats to all the Winners and all who Participated! Have a Good One... HOKA!

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • skybird5
                                San Manuel Winners List
                                by skybird5
                                JUNIOR GIRLS

                                Northern
                                4th 101 Dancing Star Leighton
                                3rd 102 Tomi Andrade
                                2nd 105 Shaundeen Bear
                                1st 103 Janelle Chee

                                SOUTHERN
                                4th 125 Lacey Adson
                                3rd 124 Larissa Bohay
                                2nd 123 Alendra Marie Logan
                                1st 122 Shannon...
                                10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
                              • Kiwehnzii
                                Hollywood, Florida
                                by Kiwehnzii
                                Could someone please post results? Including golden age, please. Thanks
                                02-12-2006, 07:20 PM
                              • skybird5
                                Indio Winners List
                                by skybird5
                                Jr. GIRLS Northern Traditional
                                1st Dancing Star Leighton
                                Southern Traditional
                                4th Alendra Marie Logan
                                3rd Shannon Redbird
                                2nd Tierra Draper
                                1st Larissa Bohay
                                Fancy
                                4th Lacey Fiddler
                                3rd Lindsey Etsitty
                                2nd Alyssa Phillipsa
                                ...
                                11-29-2005, 04:51 PM
                              • Mato Winyan
                                Indio
                                by Mato Winyan
                                Drum Contest
                                1st- YOUNGBIRD
                                2nd- Little Earth
                                3rd- ?
                                4th- New Agency
                                5th- ?
                                11-27-2006, 11:40 AM
                              • Paul G
                                Red Earth 2006
                                by Paul G
                                Clown Contest
                                1st Thom Malnovrie
                                2nd Larenzo Garcia
                                Sandy Rhoades
                                3rd Francis Deer

                                Powwows.com Endurance Special
                                1st Spike Draper
                                2nd Rooster Top Sky
                                3rd Kenny Pratt

                                Junior Girls Traditional
                                1st Mia Monteau...
                                06-04-2006, 11:57 PM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X