Old Eagle Feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Eagle Feathers

Hey everyone, I was wondering what people out there do when they have some OLD eagle feathers. I got some really old feathers that were passed down to me which I used when I was growing up fancy dancing, now there old and worn out from rocking all those years. They been in my cedar box for about 9 years and can't imagine putting them away for good. I always had an idea of using them for something but just not sure what to do. Help!(Check out the Image!)

*BTW each are pairs I used on my rocker, and you probably can't tell but the webbing doesn't attach to eachother anymore.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FancyLBC; 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM.
    GON Fancy Dance Champion 2005

I have a pair about 3 generations old.....when I quit dancing them , I put them on an Eagle Staff
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

what to do!

Hey man,

Im sure youve noticed the drops that straight dancers have from their roach and their pestles. A lot of times these are trimmed up eagle feathers. I would suggest the same. trim em up and make em into a drop off the side of your roach. Maybe add some hackles to the base or something and you got a perfect use for em. just a suggestion!
      www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

or you can sell them!

jk

hmmm, was that funnee? lol

Comment

I have a lot of eagle feathers, some are new and some are old but I just keep them put away. Recently I found some sage that was gifted to me wrapped in cloth, I recently unwrapped it to pull out some sage and saw that there were a lot of eagle feathers in it. Some had quilled medicine wheels some had other decorations. I was surprised at my discovery as I've had that sage for a couple of years now. So anyway, I'm still not too sure what to do with them but I'll find a home for them probably someone in mourning and in need of prayer. One of my good friends just lost her dad so I'll probably gift her some.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.