Red Earth 2010 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Earth 2010 !

Who's going to Red Earth? Are you contesting or just going to watch?

I'll be in the parade Friday Morning. But a little while after that I'll be leaving going to another powwow.
    2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

O-si-yo do-hi-ju....(I think that's right from what I remember)
    I am not going this year. I will be going to Livingston. It was a tough decision though. Have fun, be safe.

Comment

Good news....Red Earth is not the same weekend as Livingston this year. Red Earth is not for another 2 weeks.

Sadly enough, there is a definate possibility that it will not be webcasted this year. So if anyone reads this and wants to give a shout to the committee, it might help get us there. Time is ticking, tho.
      "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

not alot to web cast

Originally posted by ok24stacey View Post
        Good news....Red Earth is not the same weekend as Livingston this year. Red Earth is not for another 2 weeks.

Sadly enough, there is a definate possibility that it will not be webcasted this year. So if anyone reads this and wants to give a shout to the committee, it might help get us there. Time is ticking, tho.
        Sorry Stacy RE just keeps going in one direction

no $ for categories/dancers
        (no Jr & Sr Adult age splits.1 buckskin (n&s) 1 cloth (n&s)
        2 MC's ?
        3 AD's ???
        2 host drums
        3 invited drums (do they get ? travel $ rooms?)
        a drum contest that seems to be a self funded (by the singers themselves)Ponzi

If we don"t fundraise prior and aren"t good at it, then lets just have a good Southern Pow wow. Get new or more people on the planning committee.
        Do i think anyone planning this powwow even looks at powwows.com to read this NO. This is my opinion, I remember when RED EARTH WAS SOMETHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Clinton View Post

2 MC's ?
          3 AD's ???
          2 host drums

If we don"t fundraise prior and aren"t good at it, then lets just have a good Southern Pow wow. Get new or more people on the planning committee.
          Do i think anyone planning this powwow even looks at powwows.com to read this NO. This is my opinion, I remember when RED EARTH WAS SOMETHING!
          well said.....sad but so true.
          "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Clinton View Post

2 MC's ?
            3 AD's ???
            2 host drums

VERY TRUE...I do remember when Red Earth was SOMETHING!! I remember the parade being so big and all the dancers...Now there is just about a handful of dancers...I remember the arena looking like a smaller version of Gathering....I did say SMALLER...LOL..i remember the big crowds that packed the myriad EVERY DAY to come out and watch (myriad, now the Cox center) Man those were the days!!!! What happened??
            Be strong, but not rude.
            Be kind, but not weak.
            Be bold, but don't bully.
            Be humble, but not shy.
            Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

Originally posted by cris_neva View Post
              What happened??

The culprit has a 1st name, its.....E-R-I-C-K
              The culprit has a 2nd name it's.....O-E-S-C-H
              Oh he loves to call the shots all day
              and if you ask him why he'll say......
              Cuz I am ERICK and I say that the only
              thing important is the ART today!!

This guy has no clue on what a powwow is or what it means to so many people. He should not be in charge of anything but the ART. Erick needs to understand this fact and step aside to allow someone knowledgeable to run the powwow.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MIZZRay View Post
                The culprit has a 1st name, its.....E-R-I-C-K
                The culprit has a 2nd name it's.....O-E-S-C-H
                Oh he loves to call the shots all day
                and if you ask him why he'll say......
                Cuz I am ERICK and I say that the only
                thing important is the ART today!!

This guy has no clue on what a powwow is or what it means to so many people. He should not be in charge of anything but the ART. Erick needs to understand this fact and step aside to allow someone knowledgeable to run the powwow.
                LOL...Darn that Erick

I totally agree...these two things have nothing to do with each other. Its obvious that putting all time and funds into the art is not drawing a crowd or at least not like it use to. Don't get me wrong the art and other stands are very much an important part of a good powwow...My uncles have boothes set up each year at Red Earth and my grandfather has been an honored one is years past, but isnt the bigger picture that draws everyone the dance...the actual powwow! I remember they use to have specials...dancers from all over showcasing there dances...spot light dances...champions of champions dance offs...WTH...Bring it back...the people have spoken...who do we need to write!! That is why alot of dancers/drummers dont come out any more...its pretty much a bust! So I think you're right...Erick step aside my brother and let someone save the dance portion of the powwow...arts and eats are great, but what is the real reason folks go to a powwow...i can't remember the last time i really really wanted to attend or go to a powwow just because of the "ART" that was going to be there....LOL...Im just saying!!
                Be strong, but not rude.
                Be kind, but not weak.
                Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

Buh, tore it....I should have just stopped the song after his name. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MIZZRay View Post
                    Buh, tore it....I should have just stopped the song after his name. lol
                    Nah...i like the song...been singing it since I read your post...LOL...JK
                    Be strong, but not rude.
                    Be kind, but not weak.
                    Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

Hmmm, I'm going to Red Earth because I got free airline tickets. I'm missing a Rick Ross/Fabulous concert to go to Oklahoma, so I hope I made the right decision!

Comment

shoot i'm going somewhere else... i hear that the are going to pay out the winners in PREPAY VISA GIFT CARDS...

Comment

Red earth 2010

I'm going to Red Earth to see all the white people who attend..... and ask if I can take a picture with them....

Comment

Ah, RED EARTH 2010-Feeling Dissappointed now :{

My husband and I were just talking about attending the Red Earth, here in OKC, OK area, but after reading all the sadness, wondering if it would be worth going at all.

We have never attended, we are seniors and parking the car so far away from any downtown event, makes it harder on us walking so far.

Is there a schedule? We were thinking of going on Friday, less crowds for us.

I agree with others, that food and booths are great, but it is the DANCERS, with their great "spirit", that we come to see. No matter how many Pow Wow's we have attended over the last 6 yrs, we never tire of viewing the dancers, and the beautiful attire (sorry I got knocked down for calling them 'costumes')? with all the gorgeous, unique, detailed bead work, originality, glitter, colors, and the great dancing techniques that each individual performs. We love it, and feel blessed that we are still able to go and be blessed by all of it.

Perhaps this person, Erick, could be removed if enough sent mail?
                            We would sure hate to see Red Earth deleted due to the wrong people doing less than a great job!? THANK YOU for sharing, God Bless, Helene

Comment

ok, but not packed

So, seems like there's a lot od disappointment here 'eh?
                              Yeah well..... it wasn't packed and I thought there would be more people at the parade. This one drum group was very disrespectful to some of the women dancers.
                              2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.