dancing and attitude rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dancing and attitude rant

In parts I can relate to Whome`s post. In parts... because for all those who don`t know yet, I´m mixed and I love it. I consider this a rich heritage but not everybody does. I know...shocker. lol I have met quite some full-blooded natives who were drinking and some of them even on drugs. Not so much of a good influence I`d say. That has nothing to do with race or blood percentage. And I know you`reading this, you might not hate on powwows but you sure hate online. Unfortunately you`re not much better than those you complain about. Tell her these people will get cut down and she needs to do what`s in her heart, that`s what I do, you`ll always have someone hating no matter what you do. It`ll take time but when she`s ready she`ll go back out there.
    As forme, what I`m having a problem with is, when you (face-to-face or online) ask people for help with your dancing and they seriously try to tell you there`s no way to explain the steps. I`m not trying to be funny but please don`t insult my intelligence. That would be officially the only category of dances on the planet, that can`t be taught, explained or shown slowed down (for all those who say I can do the steps but don`t know how to do them slower)...Are you kidding me? So you were born with the steps already inherited or what? At some point you learned them, at some point you focused on your steps in order to improve them. And know you want to tell me and others, many others have complained about this before, you have no control over what your feet are doing and therefore can`t explain it? If you can`t explain it for whatever reason,say Ican`t, don`t make it seem like no one can`t, there are even dance classes for that. How does that fit in?
    That`s the better version, ifyou can`t explain it`s a stank attitude though if you don`t want to share. I have yet to turn down a person who asked for help with something that I`m good at. But that`s on you, yay for bad karma, because life`s´gonna cut you down and put you back into place.
    That goes for everyday life too. Young ladies my age (28) and/or around that, do you think it`s attractive when you carry yourself like you`re above anyone else? I`ll give you anexample when I was on the Navajo Reservation I bumped into that kind of attitude quite a few times and when you meet me I`m a nice person. You´ll get that attitude anywhere not just there,it´s just an example and I`m not talking about the elders, they were wonderful, or the men. And don´t get me wrong if I was full blooded native they`d hate on me for some other reason. I get that here too, I can handle it. But don`t you realize that this makes you ugly? If you´re unhappy with your life that`s your problem, it`s disrespectful and you´re not above me or anyone else. Also you don`t know who you`re giving the up and down treatment, I might be some crazy person and jump you when you get off work (to that lady working in that "chinese" take-away in Gallup). You don`t know who you`re dealing with,you don`t know wether he/she is already doing bad and your attitude might push them over the edge, please be respectful to others, no matter where you`re from and who you are. I´m sure you can relate,if not you´re probaly who I`m talking about lol.

Originally posted by sophisticated_lady View Post
    In parts I can relate to Whome`s post. In parts... because for all those who don`t know yet, I´m mixed and I love it. I consider this a rich heritage but not everybody does. I know...shocker. lol I have met quite some full-blooded natives who were drinking and some of them even on drugs. Not so much of a good influence I`d say. That has nothing to do with race or blood percentage. And I know you`reading this, you might not hate on powwows but you sure hate online. Unfortunately you`re not much better than those you complain about. Tell her these people will get cut down and she needs to do what`s in her heart, that`s what I do, you`ll always have someone hating no matter what you do. It`ll take time but when she`s ready she`ll go back out there.
    As forme, what I`m having a problem with is, when you (face-to-face or online) ask people for help with your dancing and they seriously try to tell you there`s no way to explain the steps. I`m not trying to be funny but please don`t insult my intelligence. That would be officially the only category of dances on the planet, that can`t be taught, explained or shown slowed down (for all those who say I can do the steps but don`t know how to do them slower)...Are you kidding me? So you were born with the steps already inherited or what? At some point you learned them, at some point you focused on your steps in order to improve them. And know you want to tell me and others, many others have complained about this before, you have no control over what your feet are doing and therefore can`t explain it? If you can`t explain it for whatever reason,say Ican`t, don`t make it seem like no one can`t, there are even dance classes for that. How does that fit in?
    That`s the better version, ifyou can`t explain it`s a stank attitude though if you don`t want to share. I have yet to turn down a person who asked for help with something that I`m good at. But that`s on you, yay for bad karma, because life`s´gonna cut you down and put you back into place.
    That goes for everyday life too. Young ladies my age (28) and/or around that, do you think it`s attractive when you carry yourself like you`re above anyone else? I`ll give you anexample when I was on the Navajo Reservation I bumped into that kind of attitude quite a few times and when you meet me I`m a nice person. You´ll get that attitude anywhere not just there,it´s just an example and I`m not talking about the elders, they were wonderful, or the men. And don´t get me wrong if I was full blooded native they`d hate on me for some other reason. I get that here too, I can handle it. But don`t you realize that this makes you ugly? If you´re unhappy with your life that`s your problem, it`s disrespectful and you´re not above me or anyone else. Also you don`t know who you`re giving the up and down treatment, I might be some crazy person and jump you when you get off work (to that lady working in that "chinese" take-away in Gallup). You don`t know who you`re dealing with,you don`t know wether he/she is already doing bad and your attitude might push them over the edge, please be respectful to others, no matter where you`re from and who you are. I´m sure you can relate,if not you´re probaly who I`m talking about lol.
    Are you ranting about people not showing their dance steps or are you ranting about life.

Go back and read this post. you're bouncing all over the place.

WhoMe, drunk n high skins, blood percentage (whatever that is), the Navajo rez n their uppity attitude women (I love Navajo women...n Sioux n Apache n Salish n Cree n ...), some chines restaurant, blah ,blah, blah.
    Sounds like you should check YOUR attitude.

Personally, I think WhoMe brings up great points and asks some thought provoking questions. At least for those of us that aren't drunk or high on drugs.

What does all this have with being mixed blood? You kinda sound defensive of it.
    Last edited by Joe's Dad; 08-17-2010, 09:00 AM.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

I was thinking Sofie Lady was related to 2LineCarrandMorgan. Just a lot of babble with bad punctuation but even 2LCandM is doing better now.
      Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

how ironic that her user name is SophisticatedLady hahahaha dang, that post reminded me of getting my ear talked off by a drunk.. Just kept going and going.. Haha
        "Every time an indian speaks ebonics, SittingBull sheds a tear..."

Comment

Sofie lady has some major issues besides bad punctuation. Someone needs to teach her some dance steps like the "helicopter" or the "worm." Those were fancy shawl steps that my sister gave names to.
          Last edited by wanjica_the_one; 08-17-2010, 09:42 AM.
          Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

dayum girl, you got issues....reason why they cant explain it is...maybe, just maybe they made those moves up themselves?????? good dancers switch up their moves at every powwow. You have the basics then you add a little something to it and VOILA!!! its a new move. You should try it. Or better yet, plop a chair down, grab a drink and a taco and sit there and WATCH the dancers and how they move. You might just pick something up. Or watch youtube and watch how they dance. You might learn something. Take that (the basics), practice in your living room or where ever, blast a powwow CD and give'r!!! practice makes perfect.

PS... I appologize for my punctuation and misspelling..lol
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.