Powwow Collisions and accidents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powwow Collisions and accidents.

What is the worst powwow collisions and accidents you have seen.
    Fist story involved a fancy dancer me and a line of northern trad he went charging and rammed me from behind I almost smashed into northern trad bustle and wrecked it.
    story number 2
    I almost went head on with kid dancing a intertribal that could got ugly with his mother out there.
    story number 3
    gotten side swiped a few time out there.
    What is your horror stories out there?
    Asema Is Sacred
    Traditional Use, Not Misuse
    Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
    OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Sincer apolo

Wish u best luck in long run
    Last edited by WoundedBear; 11-26-2012, 12:50 PM. Reason: In authorized person writes

Comment

Originally posted by WoundedBear View Post
      well let me ask u one thing do u have native blood in ur vains ?
      if so it be wise to drop the white dancer thing completely .
      if u have no native blood than it is most likely u are dishonoring are native way's by being in the arena' but nothing say u can't take part in a intertrible dance as a freind with good intent
      i wish u best of luck
      So , you join this site a few days ago , ask a few questions and now you've become the "Indian Powwow Police ???
      WPD has been a member here since right after this forum was created !!!
      Give us a break here !You are not a full blood either and it is obvious by your previous posts , you have little if any idea of your culture. I really don't think you have the right to criticize others for what you know nothing about !
      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

i said i was sorry for my brother. i will sign out when i leave my pc

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
        So , you join this site a few days ago , ask a few questions and now you've become the "Indian Powwow Police ???
        WPD has been a member here since right after this forum was created !!!
        Give us a break here !You are not a full blood either and it is obvious by your previous posts , you have little if any idea of your culture. I really don't think you have the right to criticize others for what you know nothing about !
        here is what has taken place wardancer i never write those words further more i can not do any more about what my brother do further more such said subject as it is , one item i never say or write on cause it has nothing to do with me or do i know how to comply to such issue

Comment

lol...dude you can never leave your computer and leave something like this on...my sisters are the worse...they were in my FB account one time...hahahahah needless to say, I am glad there is a delete button...
          sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Wounded Bear,

All of the user on this site are free to go back into their posts and edit them.

I would suggest that if you had a case of the "someone used my account" gremlin, then you should go back over your posts and fix them.
            A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

New

Wish u best luck in long run my fellow dancer

Comment

Yaahl
                Thanks. I like get this thread back on track for other users about powwow collisions and accidents horror stories out there. chi migwetch WPD
                Asema Is Sacred

Comment

Originally posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
                  Yaahl
                  Thanks. I like get this thread back on track for other users about powwow collisions and accidents horror stories out there. chi migwetch WPD
                  The recent Red Mountain PW had a Fancy Feather collision in the upper age bracket, it can happen.

On one of my videos, a boy fell down during evening outdoor Inter-Tribal, and he was afraid to get back up LOL One adult almost steps on him, then looks around like "Who's kid is this?"

Another, a young fancy shawler popped another dancer in the nose during inter-tribal, they laughed and it was over with.

99% of the time everything runs smooth.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
                    The recent Red Mountain PW had a Fancy Feather collision in the upper age bracket, it can happen.

On one of my videos, a boy fell down during evening outdoor Inter-Tribal, and he was afraid to get back up LOL One adult almost steps on him, then looks around like "Who's kid is this?"

Another, a young fancy shawler popped another dancer in the nose during inter-tribal, they laughed and it was over with.

99% of the time everything runs smooth.
                    Can you post a video of the collision.
                    Asema Is Sacred

Comment

I think the collision happened while I was focused on the drum group providing the song.

In most of my videos I try to cover the drum, and then pan over to the dancers. I stand near to the drum for best possible sound on the resulting video.
                      sigpic

Comment

My dad told me once an old traditional dancer died on the floor at a powwow he was at awhile back. During an intertribal song. I can't remember which powwow, but it is tragic nonetheless.
                        sigpic
                        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Hey ndnsoldierboy
                          I been to powwows before we had a ambulance and a fire engine show up to take a person to the hospital for a seizure she had.
                          Asema Is Sacred

Comment

Shoot, I got two.

First one, I was dancing around the circle, not gettin' too big cause the arena was crowded. There was a Fancy Dancer coming straight for me so I got out of his way and everything was fine. Bout a few minutes later I'm going around again and out of nowhere I get whacked in the face with one of his sticks... not the feathers... the stick part LOL.

Second one, another crowded arena, I was dancin around. Bam!!! Fancy Shawl girl pops me on the forehead. Dang I guess when Fancy Shawl dancers get goin they turn into Mike Tyson LOL

There've been others, but these are my funniest.
                            It is what it is. I am who I am. I say what I say. I think what I think. I love what I love.

Comment

when running the mics, i always run into someone who accidently get in my way. but the best ones have two lumps to cushion the impact (and i think they do it intentionly).

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.