No announcement yet.

Powwow Collisions and accidents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early this year at q paw no problems in arena but in camp ground area it was so hot back in July it was horrified and I danced in the intertrible and I felt bad over the idea I stepped on young mans agala ribben it was draging on ground and it good I looked down that saved the day

Comment

AmigoKumeyaay
      smaller the dance area there is no fancy dancers at the powwows i have gone too and there is no collisions out there.
      Asema Is Sacred
      Traditional Use, Not Misuse
      Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
      OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

Q paw is small arena but the keep things on tire line there and the have to if the don't it hard to say what may happen ? Some child mite have ribbon drag and be chocked again

Comment

Ok, Muckleshoot Powwow 2009.

An elderly grass dancer was showing off his best moves in the arena in front of single ladies that was watching him.
          He had the crowd cheering for him,then boom. a young grass dancer came rammed behind him,knocked the old man's dentures out front of the whole crowd especially the ladies he was eyeing on. Elderly man was so PO he cussed out the young guy for couple seconds then he moved to the other side of the arena all embarressed. true story LOL.
          Last edited by NativeChick509; 11-29-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

Ok, Onion Lake Powwow, Canada 1994. or 1993 i cant remember, LOL. been too long.

It was daytime, intertribals was going and i heard the best songs ever from all the best drum groups who was there, White Fish Jrs, Red Bull, etc tons of drum groups.

I was dancing during intertribals,then i heard loud thunderstorms (thunderbirds), shook up the whole tent inside,winds and rain coming in hard.

Minutes later i went to my chair looked up outside the tent, i saw 2 huge Tornado's coming to the powwow grounds. My first instinct was Oh $%$. I told my family its that itme to go and race back to our friends home who lived outside Onion Lake.

We had enough time pack up all our chairs,blankets,regalia hopped on our van and split in about 5 minutes all it took. By the time we left the powwow grounds i saw 2 guys holding the powwow poles who was being pulled by those 2 tornadoes,but i heard they survived against the tornados. wheww. brave people up there. last time i ever went to Onion Lake. Im wishing to go back next year.

Comment

O I feel very sorry for the elderly man losing his teeth

Comment

Funny

Originally posted by Cinkala View Post
                  Shoot, I got two.

First one, I was dancing around the circle, not gettin' too big cause the arena was crowded. There was a Fancy Dancer coming straight for me so I got out of his way and everything was fine. Bout a few minutes later I'm going around again and out of nowhere I get whacked in the face with one of his sticks... not the feathers... the stick part LOL.

Second one, another crowded arena, I was dancin around. Bam!!! Fancy Shawl girl pops me on the forehead. Dang I guess when Fancy Shawl dancers get goin they turn into Mike Tyson LOL

There've been others, but these are my funniest.
                  I man that's funny how u put that fancy shaw like mike tyson

Comment

I hear by reading and I find some wrecks that are funny and some that are not funny at all and some that show lots of bravery

Comment

I was at this one powwow at umd a kid pulled a fire alarm MC came over th system and start paging the security officers and AD over to the MC stand.
                      I pulled out my scanner radio to listen for a fire call to the fire companies to show up so about 3:45 they got the call to the powwow grounds it was a false alarm by the kids.
                      Asema Is Sacred

Comment

Originally posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
                        I was at this one powwow at umd a kid pulled a fire alarm MC came over th system and start paging the security officers and AD over to the MC stand.
                        I pulled out my scanner radio to listen for a fire call to the fire companies to show up so about 3:45 they got the call to the powwow grounds it was a false alarm by the kids.
                        This happened three times in the same night at the host hotel the head staff was staying in. Everyone was evacuted but there was no fire. Someone pulled the alarm too many times. Needless to say, all the headstaff was evicted from the hotel at 6:30 AM on Mother's Day Sunday.

I scrambled to get my stuff out of there before belongings to other people were confiscated until the rooms were payed for (including charges for an additional night). It was a total fiasco!

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                          This happened three times in the same night at the host hotel the head staff was staying in. Everyone was evacuted but there was no fire. Someone pulled the alarm too many times. Needless to say, all the headstaff was evicted from the hotel at 6:30 AM on Mother's Day Sunday.

I scrambled to get my stuff out of there before belongings to other people were confiscated until the rooms were payed for (including charges for an additional night). It was a total fiasco!
                          I don't consider that stunt to be funny for the fire companies stow for a false alarm.
                          Asema Is Sacred

Comment

I don't think pulling fire alarms when there no fire is funny but that mike Tyson deal on a fancy shawl dancer was them sound like my kinda lady .

Comment

Love them lady's who hit like man cause the the one's u can leave for a week as u go to work and the can run the whole house without break'en a sweat

Comment

Originally posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
                                I don't consider that stunt to be funny for the fire companies stow for a false alarm.
                                No, it was not at all funny because i was 800 miles from home and i had to stay another night. besides, i had to answer the door to the hotel manager surrounded by police officers in only my shorts.

in the end, i was allowed back in because i was not involved. but the inconvenience of being out of a room for the day was a bit unsettling.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.