I'm doing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm doing it

I'm writing my business plan, compiling my recipes, and I think I'm going to give my little venture a shot.

It will be a shop that sells perfume, lip products, jewellery, purses,incense and BAQ henna

*If henna and incense seem random please keep in mind I'm related to the supplier...
    Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot. That's my policy.

Awesome! Best of luck on your venture!

Mmmm incense, perfume and henna. Let me know when you get up and running!

Comment

I was getting ready to open up a trucking a business had the buisness plan all laid out even went to get the loan just make sure you have all your finances all together and you have your financial revenue projection laid out before you go for a loan... Just make sure the market is profitable.. I know my venture got held up and the loan end so I can't go further... But best of luck it's a great thing being your own boss my dad ran a successful sign business for 30 years in Cali...
      "Do not judge a man unless you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

Comment

Originally posted by lime_soda View Post
        I'm writing my business plan, compiling my recipes, and I think I'm going to give my little venture a shot.

It will be a shop that sells perfume, lip products, jewellery, purses,incense and BAQ henna

*If henna and incense seem random please keep in mind I'm related to the supplier...

Experts say that in a bad economy, lipstick and lip gloss are BIG SELLERS. The way things look, I think you might be onto something.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Good luck to you :)

Just wondering, do you use the henna? I've read that BAQ henna can also be used to dye hair.
          Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tsalagi_Phoenix View Post
            Good luck to you :)

Just wondering, do you use the henna? I've read that BAQ henna can also be used to dye hair.

BAQ henna is great for dying hair. I use it fairly often, as it is excellent for dying, strengthening, conditioning and works well as a natural way to fight dandruff. Henna (Lawsonia inermis) has a vibrant red dye factor (which can be changed by mixing it with cassia obovata, indigo, or alma powder to give it a variety of dye shades). Pure henna has a natural red dye factor that will even show up slightly on already dark hair by giving it a deep burgundy tint in sunlight. Cassia has a pale yellow factor that won't change most people's hair colors, but is great for conditioning, thickening, and strengthening hair. And Indigo has a blue dye factor that can dye your hair black if properly mixed with henna.

Aside from dying, henna also has the benefit of conditioning your hair while adding thickness and strength to the follicles. It is anti-fungal and can work well against head lice, ringworm, and dandruff.

It is fairly permanent after it seeps into the hair strands and sets. The color may degrade over time, but not in the same way that chemical dyes do.

Can't wait till Lime_Soda gets her business up and running so I can buy from her!

Comment

I thought you used henna for tattoos. I bet that hurts! lol

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Fang View Post
                BAQ henna is great for dying hair. I use it fairly often, as it is excellent for dying, strengthening, conditioning and works well as a natural way to fight dandruff. Henna (Lawsonia inermis) has a vibrant red dye factor (which can be changed by mixing it with cassia obovata, indigo, or alma powder to give it a variety of dye shades). Pure henna has a natural red dye factor that will even show up slightly on already dark hair by giving it a deep burgundy tint in sunlight. Cassia has a pale yellow factor that won't change most people's hair colors, but is great for conditioning, thickening, and strengthening hair. And Indigo has a blue dye factor that can dye your hair black if properly mixed with henna.

Aside from dying, henna also has the benefit of conditioning your hair while adding thickness and strength to the follicles. It is anti-fungal and can work well against head lice, ringworm, and dandruff.

It is fairly permanent after it seeps into the hair strands and sets. The color may degrade over time, but not in the same way that chemical dyes do.

Can't wait till Lime_Soda gets her business up and running so I can buy from her!
                Thanks for all the information. I've been looking for some place to buy henna so I can use it to dye my hair. I want to dye it black and for now, I've been using Garnier. But I really want to use henna because I know it doesn't damage your hair and you can use it as often as you want.

But I'm having trouble finding some place I can get henna to dye my hair black.

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                I thought you used henna for tattoos. I bet that hurts! lol
                Henna is used for tattoos, but it can be used as hair dye as well. I had a kit for henna tattoos a long time ago and used it. It doesn't hurt and the tattoos aren't permanent, but they last quite awhile.
                Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

Comment

Thanks for all the information. I've been looking for some place to buy henna so I can use it to dye my hair. I want to dye it black and for now, I've been using Garnier. But I really want to use henna because I know it doesn't damage your hair and you can use it as often as you want.

But I'm having trouble finding some place I can get henna to dye my hair black.

To get jet black hair, I'd dye first with henna, and then go over it with indigo. But if you want something a bit more subtle-black, you can do 2 parts indigo and 1 part henna. It'd probably be good to buy only a few grams at first so you can do test swatches to find the color and technique that works best for you. ^_^

Mind you, your hair will smell like hay for a few days, but it'll be pretty!

Comment

Thanks for all of the good wishes. I've been making a lot of my own things for a long time.

Women in my husband's family have used henna on their hair, I typically lighten my hair and I change colors a lot (I should probably starting dying my hair less, and using henna though)

My husband has been home sick for two days, his allergies have really gotten to him.
                    Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot. That's my policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fang View Post
                      To get jet black hair, I'd dye first with henna, and then go over it with indigo. But if you want something a bit more subtle-black, you can do 2 parts indigo and 1 part henna. It'd probably be good to buy only a few grams at first so you can do test swatches to find the color and technique that works best for you. ^_^

Mind you, your hair will smell like hay for a few days, but it'll be pretty!
                      Thanks. I'll dye with henna first then indigo. Do you know any places online where I can buy henna and indigo?

Comment

Thanks. I'll dye with henna first then indigo. Do you know any places online where I can buy henna and indigo?
                        Hmm. Maybe some from Lime_Soda once she gets her business up and running. Support our fellow powwowers and all.

Until then, I usually get mine from Henna for Hair, since their reputable and have a great deal of information regarding their batches, how much you should get, etc. I usually buy about 400g of henna since my hair's breast-length. Then I don't go anywhere important for a few days cause my head smells like henna, lol. It's more expensive than most chemical dyes, but lasts so much longer without fading and has so man benefits.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.