any good places to go camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any good places to go camping?

just asking is ther any powwows that actually still camp? im not talking rvs or bringing walmart chicken to eat... Im talking sleeping in a tent cooking outside staying there not going to a room having some fellowship.. just asking cause i went to red moon this past weekend and no camps! last time i was the prolly around 94 95 there was camps everywhere! so just wondering

Stroud always had good rations , as well as Colony , but I haven't been to Stroud in 5 yrs and Colony in 10 .....
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

oh yeah stroud good camping they still cook out over open fires around there too! good one wardancer...colony yeah its been maybe almost 20 since i went there..

Comment

I like camping at Oklahoma Indian Nations...if you come, we are the only ones at the entrance. lol. It's great, we grill, or open fire right there, and babysit our friends kids when they go to the 49...wait, I think I said to much...bwahahahaha.
        sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

tall bull memorial grounds....just south of denver is a good place to camp.....there are even buffalo there
          "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Eastern Shoshone Indian Days, ShoBan Festival, Crow Fair, Northern Arapaho Housing powwow, Ethete Celebration, Arlee, Elmo, Ft. Duschene, Lame Deer, Milk River,...

I've hardly been to a powwow where you CAN'T camp...except for the indoor ones....and Buffalo Bill Museum (except there's campground right next door).
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

do they cook outside over fires up that way? and if they do is it almost everybody? do the people camping go out and find visitors to feed? is it mostly tents or is it more rvs now? those are the qustions i was asking.

Comment

I had the opportunity to make a Northwest swing a few years back. EVERYBODY was in a tent or teepee. We shared our food with people next to and they did the same. We set up our chairs between Blackstone and Blacklodge with Northern Cree and Southern Cree across the way at the arbor.

It was 80 in the day and 40 at night. Damn, it was cold! hahaa

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Lake Moomaw.

Always a good soothing breeze.

Plenty of smallmouth bass and lake trout.

A good place for woodland people, that is if the ground doesn't hurt your bones Lot's of good hiking.

Comment

Originally posted by Atehequa View Post
                    Lake Moomaw.

Always a good soothing breeze.

Plenty of smallmouth bass and lake trout.

A good place for woodland people, that is if the ground doesn't hurt your bones Lot's of good hiking.

So who puts on the pow-wow ?

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                      So who puts on the pow-wow ?
                      Out where?

Comment

Out where?
                        Lake Moomaw ??? Where ever you said. This thread is about camping at pow-wows , I believe......at least that's what everyone else is posting about !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by running_with_buffs View Post
                          just asking is ther any powwows that actually still camp?
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          Hmmmmm???

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                            Lake Moomaw ??? Where ever you said. This thread is about camping at pow-wows , I believe......at least that's what everyone else is posting about !
                            I know.

Comment

I know.
                              O.K. then , I asked you WHO puts on the pow-wow at Lake Moomaw ?

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X