Biggest grand entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest grand entry

WHERE WAS THE BIGGEST GRAND ENTRY YOU WERE IN, OR WATCHED?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nRjSc_CElrs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    sigpic

2005 Gathering of Nations - Danced - and it was tight...

Comment

"84-'85 ? Red Earth ! Took an hour and a half to get everyone in !
      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

1999 Gathering of Nations - The Pit - as a spectator

Comment

JULYAMSH 2014 had 1,046 Dancers

Whole bunch of kids, took a long time to get everybody in.

I was filming.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't remember. It looks like a fire hazard though @ GON.

***updated***

Was at a Northwest Youth Conference 1994? in Seattle once...grand entry was about an hour maybe. I was spectating.
            Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 12-22-2014, 08:05 PM.
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

I was in the pit at the University Of New Mexico to watched as a spectator as there were too many competition dancers many years ago. Gathering of Nations started out small many years ago like around late 1970 or early 1980, not sure of the timeline. It is mostly all about competition, not traditional. Most powwow dancers were all over the world to come and performed dances for the prizes. After many years later now in the 21st Century, it is really very crowded and not enough room to move freely. I had decided that I don't want to come to the competition powwows with the crowds. I am not comfortable being squash with them. **sigh** So I enjoyed watching on T.V. or live powwow program here on Powwows.com. I just wish the pit would get more bigger to make more room for the dancers to move. How about outdoors instead of being inside of the "Pit" (building)?
              Gegiibishedjig (Deaf Person)

Comment

Originally posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
                I was in the pit at the University Of New Mexico to watched as a spectator as there were too many competition dancers many years ago. Gathering of Nations started out small many years ago like around late 1970 or early 1980, not sure of the timeline. It is mostly all about competition, not traditional. Most powwow dancers were all over the world to come and performed dances for the prizes. After many years later now in the 21st Century, it is really very crowded and not enough room to move freely. I had decided that I don't want to come to the competition powwows with the crowds. I am not comfortable being squash with them. **sigh** So I enjoyed watching on T.V. or live powwow program here on Powwows.com. I just wish the pit would get more bigger to make more room for the dancers to move. How about outdoors instead of being inside of the "Pit" (building)?
                How about outdoors instead of being inside of the "Pit" (building)?
                Those were my thoughts back in 1999 - some outdoor event like they had in California or do they still do this, Southern California Indian Center, outdoor Powwow

Comment

The SCIC is back indoors on a cement floor. Look for videos on YouTube to see.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
                    The SCIC is back indoors on a cement floor. Look for videos on YouTube to see.
                    Oh.... in my opinion that is sad and I am glad that I was able to be part of the sunlit outdoor event back in 1995 plus

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.