MANATAKA: Women On Drum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• WhoMe
    All Women Drum Groups
    by WhoMe
    Do you support women who form All Women Drum Groups?

:Thumbs YES:
    Women have always used different types of drums in their women's ceremonies. Powwow is a contemporary expression of Indian culture so all women drum groups should be allowed. Women are able to sing just...
    Yes. I support women who sing at the drum
    47.14%
    No. I do not support women who sing at the drum
    52.86%
    05-12-2004, 05:55 PM
  • Skabewis
    Being a Young Person in Ceremonies
    by Skabewis
    Produced by Arden Williams
    Reserve, Wisconsin (NFIC) 7-08

Andrea Low of the St.Croix Band of Ojibwe is one of the head Ogichida'kwewag (female leaders) of Big Drum in her area. Big Drum is a social ceremony, and people visit from different reservations.

Andrea's...
    07-31-2008, 11:32 AM
  • BigBearStyle
    Women sing around the drum
    by BigBearStyle
    I was thinking the other day about women singing. We all know that alot of people are against it because of how powerful women are. And the variouse other traditions people have. Anyway, I like listening to women sing back up. I like how they sound.
    Anyway, I was thinking...would it still...
    05-09-2002, 07:41 PM
  • Majii
    Can women use the drum
    by Majii
    I had originally posted in the southern singing when I realised that I posted in the wrong category. This is still all new to me.

I want to know if women can use the drum and I would like to know where I could find teachers I could learn from.

I've been doing what I can...
    06-19-2000, 08:22 PM
    Rites of the drum
    by Guest
    I speak alot of protocols and traditions as thye have been a cornerstone and foundation in my life and teachings..the same is said for the westren or pow-wow drum what we Crees refer to as "Misto-Kwa-Skake;,
    My late father was a wellknown drum maker amongst his many recognized rites he had...
    11-27-2000, 03:29 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X