Buckskin dress color help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckskin dress color help!

So I have been given my godmothers beautiful dress to dance weomans traditional. I have had it tailored to fit me and had it smudged down. The one thing I was wondering is if I can dance at a powwow in it since its NOT a white buckskin but a golden yellow. I have the proper accessories and and bead work but was wondering if this is okay to dance in since I have only seen the white dresses at the powwows I have attended.
    Thanks for your time. :)

White is a fashion trend. If you look at historical pictures you will see all variations of colors of buckskin dresses.Only you can decide if it's a "real" dress and only you can decide to honor it.
    That's my opinion and take that however you wish !
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

First Listen to wardancers advice and think it through.

As a suggestion,

you said, it is an old dress of your mothers side with beadwork. That sounds like a real dress. Why not do dance with that dress to honor the past through the present to the future from your mom to your daughter one day?
      Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
      Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
      Show me, and I will understand.
      Involve me, and I will learn.”
      Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      And wisdom to know the difference.
      Living one day at a time,
      Enjoying one moment at a time,
      Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
      (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

You will have to dance in it at some event to see if it is right for you. You will know if the creator is pleased.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.