Intertribal open to all natives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intertribal open to all natives?

So I am just getting back into powwow dancing from when I was 5. My local tribe is hosting a powwow but wants me to have my tribal card with me to register. I am a member of 2 federally recognized tribes however I am getting replacement cards made. To cut to the chase I wont have them in time to dance. I have been told I can still dance during inter tribal songs with out having my card. Is this true and is it not against powwow etiquette? Thank you so much for you time, R.

Well , they're being idiots to require a tribal card just to dance. Inter-tribals are for anyone and everyone ! You don't even have to be native ! IF the powwow flyer says it's an inter tribal powwow , they really can not ask for a tribal card anyway , and I for one would bring it to their attention ! Just my opinion !
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Can I ask why you're reposting this post?

http://forums.powwows.com/f11/intert...natives-63955/

Comment

Did I get spam scammed ???
        I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
        It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
          Did I get spam scammed ???
          Nah. You're too smart for that.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.