Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Earth powwow

Anybody got info? Specials? Start time?

I know it's tradish but that's all I know.

It's been two days since I put up the initial post. Nobody replied. :Cry

Is it not a good powwow? Geez, they must be doing something right for this to be the 136th annual.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007, 03:51 AM.

Comment

I talked to someone from the pw committee...but all i really asked about was the woman's fancy dance special...its being put on by the pw committee and so far they have 3 places with $300 for first...and he said they were trying to get another $100 for each place...so hopefully they'll have a good turnout this year...its a fun powwow...hope to see alotta ya there! :D

Comment

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby 2sday
            hmmmm I better keep on working out and sew a new shawl and dress...we'll see though.

Heya you goin to Hinckley?
            Yeah I wanted to sew up a new shawl and skirt but I don't think that's gonna happen...still gotta get this new jingle dress done before memorial day weekend and all I've done is cut it out! :D

I should be at hinkley this year...i said if I don't find a room I'll probably just drive back and forth!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby 2sday
                if you want to go half on the room w/ me and my man you could. We got one at the Grand Hinckley Inn for both nights I think. Just wanna make this offer to you cuz I know you'll be cool bout it. We been burned before, allow peeps to stay w/ us and they turn all cheap *** and don't come up w/ their half. I was thinking of asking you anyways and/or kwe_zee if she comes.
                :Chatter "all cheap" crazy...well gurl as soon as i talk to the "other half" :p I'll let ya know...cuz right now I think he might have the same deal going with someone too! So I should know in a couple days k?

Comment

Does anyone have any real info on this powwow?

Could anyone please post who the Head Staff are and what drums are coming? How big is it?
                  You can't have a powwow without a drum!

Comment

Originally posted by chip
                    Could anyone please post who the Head Staff are and what drums are coming? How big is it?
                    There has been no word on what other drums are coming besides Northern Wind which is the host drum. Its usually just whoever shows up and wants to set up. Headstaff is usually just a local elder/dancer. The specials are going to be...womans fancy shawl, mens grass, and mens tradish. That is all that I've heard so far. When I find out more I will post it.

Comment

HINKLEY vs. WHITE EARTH POW-WOW

aren't those pow-wows on the same weekend?
                      AHO

Comment

Comment

i thought white earth is the wknd before hinckley??

Comment

white earth is the weekend of june 11th thru the 13th...hinkley is the following weekend

Comment

:D.... after last year i said i wasnt gonna go this year but i think i'll end up there anyways LOL...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X