Mother-Daughter Southern
    1st Linda Tsonetokoy
    2nd Kari Jhane Myers
    3rd Angie Goodfox
    4th Franda Flying Eagle
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

congrats to all the winners!!

but i think all those scabby roses are suppose to be scabby robes ...
    Watch your broken dreams...
    Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Originally posted by chazziff
      congrats to all the winners!!

but i think all those scabby roses are suppose to be scabby robes ...
      That's what was on the forms from Red Earth?!?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

i got to go with chazz on this one.....the last name is Scabby Robe. Blacklodge drum group family.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
        RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

results

Well The powwow was fun,long but fun.Lots of good dancers.Congrats to all who placed!Good dancing everyone!

I sure hope Bobbi got SOMETHING for that special.She danced really hard,straight through each song.She stayed on beat and she actually did moves,unlike others who ran in place or just spun around.It wasn't fair,half those songs were in favor of the men.She deserved to win.Why would you pick four finalist and give one of them nothing?So I hope powwows.com did the right thing and gave her something.And next time maybe you'll think a bit more about how you'll do your next special,try to make it fair next time please.
          ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

Comment

Originally posted by blingblingjinglediva
            Well The powwow was fun,long but fun.Lots of good dancers.Congrats to all who placed!Good dancing everyone!

I sure hope Bobbi got SOMETHING for that special.She danced really hard,straight through each song.She stayed on beat and she actually did moves,unlike others who ran in place or just spun around.It wasn't fair,half those songs were in favor of the men.She deserved to win.Why would you pick four finalist and give one of them nothing?So I hope powwows.com did the right thing and gave her something.And next time maybe you'll think a bit more about how you'll do your next special,try to make it fair next time please.
            You shoulda seen the drama online as we we're watching the special.

I'm sure Paul and Kelli tried to be as fair as possible. Maybe she got something off camera. Bobbi did good.

Ndns on a computer commentating on a powwow live! That rocked!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

The contest went great!

It was announced the entire weekend as only 3 places, so we're sorry you feel it wasn't fair for her. We worked quite hard with the arena staff to make the contest as fair and well run as we could. The dancer you are referring to was actually tapped by an AD to leave, but the crowd cheered for her and she just ignored him. So maybe the judges took that into account, I don't know.

All of the dancers did incredible, as did the drums. Everyone had a great time. We were told that this could become the new spotlight special of Red Earth.

As far as the songs just for the men, the arena staff wanted the contest to be just Fancy Feather, but we insisted on having as many categories involved as we could.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Well I thought that having having all those catagories dancing against eachother to songs that weren't their style of song to dance to,was just unfair.And if it were YOUR special,why were you letting the arena staff tell you how to do it.I understand that you had to listen to them and try to compromise but If the arena staff wanted a fancy feather special they should of had one of their own,not try to take over yours.

I saw Bobbi get pointed at too but why was that?I'm glad she stayed out there!She was dancing good.Who cares if she got pointed at to leave,she stayed in there til the very end,like the crowd wanted and you know she should have.She deserved something not only for her dancing but for the fact that she was the only women that lasted that long.Maybe she wasn't dancing to win but I still think she deserved it.

anyway this is just my opinion but I have heard a lot of people saying they feel the same way.

It was a great special and I enjoyed watching it.I just really thought it wasn't judged fairly....
                Last edited by blingblingjinglediva; 06-05-2006, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Well I thought that having having all those catagories dancing against eachother to songs that weren't their style of song to dance to,was just unfair.And if it were YOUR special,why were you letting the arena staff tell you how to do it.If the arena staff wanted a fancy feather special they should of had one of their own,not try to take over yours.

I saw Bobbi get pointed at too but why was that?I'm glad she stayed out there!She was dancing good.Who cares if she got pointed at to leave,she stayed in there til the very end,like the crowd wanted and you know she should have.She deserved something not only for her dancing but for the fact that she was the only women that lasted that long.Maybe she wasn't dancing to win but I still think she deserved it.
                  Well obviously no matter what I say you are still going to be upset.

Anytime you host a special at someone else's dance, you should work with the arena staff for the details.

And again it was announced over and over what the contest was going to be. They even said when it was down to 4 that this was the last 4 competing for 3 spots. And every contest they line more people up than there are spots for. How is that not fair? And being the only women left was great. But that alone doesn't necessitate a prize. That's like saying that when a Cree is the last left in a Straight Dance contest, he should get a prize!

She danced great and beat out a lot of other people, and is to be congratulated. But it was a contest for 3 prizes. Sorr you aren't happy with that!

I personally want to thank Red Earth and the arena staff for hosting this special. I don't think it could have gone any better.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I've just uploaded another group of photos. That's all the photos. Now I'll start to work on the videos.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I didn't mean that she deserved something just for being a woman,I meant that she danced to those songs and still danced hard.That's why she was still out there.I am sure you realize how hard it is for woman to dance to those songs and still stay in their dance style as she did.Out of all those great dancing women she was the last one.Because of those songs any fancy feather dancer had the advantage that she didn't but she danced to those songs without a problem.She never even looked tired.

I'm not that upset,just stating a fact.I think you are more upset then I am and you shouldn't be.You tried your best and did what you could and everyone enjoyed it!I know I did and I look forward to next years special!I just think you and the arena staff need to take some things into consideration next year.That's all.

Originally posted by Paul G
                      Well obviously no matter what I say you are still going to be upset.

Anytime you host a special at someone else's dance, you should work with the arena staff for the details.

And again it was announced over and over what the contest was going to be. They even said when it was down to 4 that this was the last 4 competing for 3 spots. And every contest they line more people up than there are spots for. How is that not fair? And being the only women left was great. But that alone doesn't necessitate a prize. That's like saying that when a Cree is the last left in a Straight Dance contest, he should get a prize!

She danced great and beat out a lot of other people, and is to be congratulated. But it was a contest for 3 prizes. Sorr you aren't happy with that!

I personally want to thank Red Earth and the arena staff for hosting this special. I don't think it could have gone any better.
                      Last edited by blingblingjinglediva; 06-05-2006, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I didn't mean that she deserved something just for being a woman,I meant that she danced to those songs and still danced hard.That's why she was still out there.I am sure you realize how hard it is for woman to dance to those songs and still stay in their dance style as she did.Out of all those great dancing women she was the last one.Because of those songs any fancy feather dancer had the advantage that she didn't but she danced to those songs without a problem.She never even looked tired.

I'm not that upset,just stating a fact.I think you are more upset then I am and you shouldn't be.You tried your best and did what you could and everyone enjoyed it!I know I did and I look forward to next years special!I just think you and the arena staff need to take some things into consideration next year.That's all.
                        What I'm upset about it that you say it was unfair. If you want to offer suggestions or critisms for next year, great. But you started with saying that the contest was not run fair.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I'm not saying you did a bad job so please don't take it that way.Don't let what I feel offend you and I'm sorry if I have.Believe me I don't mean to.
                          However I do feel who ever it was that pointed at Bobbi to leave was wrong.

And if their were going to be different kind of songs,why not throw a few other styles in there and see how the dancers ajust to them?Half the dancer's had to change their style to dance to some of those songs anyway,why not make it real tricky and see how creative they can be,to beats they've never danced to before?
                          I know,I know that wasn't you Paul G,that was the arena staff.I'm just asking this because I'd like to see what others think about that.
                          Last edited by blingblingjinglediva; 06-05-2006, 03:27 PM.

Comment

It was unfair,plain and simple.

Like I said don't let what I say offend you,I'm just one person out of how many?Right?Really don't let it bother you.I'm not here to argue with you.I'd really like to see what other people have to say about the specialI thought that,that's what these forums are for,to comment and state your opinion on things.

Comment

It was unfair,plain and simple.

Like I said don't let what I say offend you,I'm just one person out of how many?Right?Really don't let it bother you.I'm not here to argue with you.I'd really like to see what other people have to say about the specialI thought that,that's what these forums are for,to comment and state your opinion on things.
                              And you saying that was unfair is wrong! It was fair!

You might disagree with the rules of the contest, but all of the dancers knew what it was before they entered. They announced the songs would be straight and fast with 6 pushups each.

So as long as they all knew the same information, it was fair!

And for you to say it wasn't fair because you don't like it is just wrong, "plain and simple".

And yes I'm upset! You telling me that a contest we sponsored was not fair! Why shouldn't I be upset!

AND your basing your opinion from the webcast, not from being there!

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.