Honor Dance in someone Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honor Dance in someone Memory

I want to do a HONOR DANCE in memory of someone who just recently lost his life in service to his country. at the next Powwow that I attend. This person is someone that I/we have worked with in the comunity.

He served both his country and county with honor.

What is the manner of doing this?
    I have never had to do this before.

I also had the unpleasant task of present the family with the Gold Star Flag.
    A honor to do, but a honor task I do not like to do.

In memory of:
    Robert P. Hernandez
    12 Dec 1958 – 28 Mar 2006
    SSG US Army
    CPL Prince Georges Police Department

Go to or write the powwow committee, preferably with gift, such as tobacco or other item, and obtain permission. Make sure you are perfectly clear in what you are asking, and be respectful and humble.

Comment

you should have no problem at ANY powwow if you wish to do that. Id make the time for you. its a time that you need support from friends and family and there is no better place. people you dont know become your friends and family because Im sure EVERYONE knows at least 1 person who is in the same situation. Mr. Hernandez deserves the honor and respect.
      There are 2 types of people in the world...
      Really stupid people who think they are smart
      and
      Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

A commendable thing you ask to do here. Hope it goes well for you.
        sigpic
        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X