No announcement yet.

Do you dress at the pow-wow or at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you dress at the pow-wow or at home?

Just curious.

Some people wait until they get to the pow-wow and then layer on their regalia - some get ready at home/hotel.

Which are you??
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Well I don't dance but I think it is so cool to see dancers in their regalia going about their business in public on their way to the pow-wow - Probably creates a lot of traffic standstills and rubber necking as ya'all look sooo good!

Comment

My kids always wait till they get there and then they dress. We always leave early look around and then get dressed:)
      "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

My ex and I like to look around before we get dressed, but we dress when we get there.:o

Comment

it depends on if I"m contesting and if I'm running late. otherwise I'll wait around til last minute and then get dressed.
          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I usually get dressed once I get there. I tried getting ready at home and that was troublesome because everything was all in the way. I do sometimes do my hair at home though. I braid my own hair and like to get it out of the way first.

Comment

man.....I get there walk around, see whos there, check all the dudes out in their street clothes....and talk to my friends...I usually dont get dressed til last minute....and I'm always late and I never learn....my ride doenst even wait for me to get my street clothes on sometimes when we are leavin...cuz I'm always standin around talkin away and all of a sudden everyones gone and I'm still dressed...beleive it or not some peeps wont even travel with me cuz that......one time I got my skirt(when i danced fancy)caught in the door....it was like that for like a half hour and I didn't notice, then I tried takin it off....it ripped really badly.
              ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

Comment

I get dressed at the powwow generally. I like to get there early enough to look around and visit with friends and family. And to "feel" things out, alot of people mixing medicine around here and ya gotta be careful! Know what I mean?:34:

If I'm close by and running late, I'll get dressed at the motel.
                My tongue got wrapped around my eye teeth, and I couldn't see what I was saying...

Comment

The very few times I ever get to dance I wait until I am at the grounds to get dressed. Hey Kay, do you remember Ira used to always be dressed when he got to the powwow? The only time anyone saw him in street clothes was at night "when the freaks come out" hahaha
                  Becky B.

Comment

Originally posted by NDNQt
                    The very few times I ever get to dance I wait until I am at the grounds to get dressed. Hey Kay, do you remember Ira used to always be dressed when he got to the powwow? The only time anyone saw him in street clothes was at night "when the freaks come out" hahaha
                    YES - I do remember! That is funny!
                    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

i normally get there and walk around and say hi to all my friends before i get ready.

Comment

My daughter and I are only Intertribal, but most of the time we will put on our dresses, and then carry the rest of our regalia in a protective box, and put the rest on after we are there, and got our awning and chairs all set up. Some times my daughter will take a change of clothes to put on if she gets too hot, a pair of walking shorts(she HATES short shorts!) and a lightweight t-shirt.

If we are camping out, then of course we wait until it's nearly time, to get ready, but so far that was only once.
                        Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

i guess it depends on my mood that morning. sometimes i like to go see whats crack-a-lackin. round here there r shady dealings and if i dont like what i see i wont dress at all.
                          Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

Depends on how far away.

If the event is about an hour or less away from home I will ususally get dressed at home.

For more than that it may depend on how I feel, but I usually stay at hotels or friends' homes if the event is a much longer drive. Then I usually get dressed at the hotel or my friends' homes.

And of if we have the 5th wheel with us, then I get dressed in it. It is truly a house on wheels.

Comment

I guess it would depend on how close you are to the pow-wow.

Has anyone here lived 5 hours from a pow-wow, gotten dressed at home, and cruised to a pow-wow in full regalia?

It is cool walking around in regalia, especially in a city.
                              It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X