why can't.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't.....

why cant girls go around the drum in powwows and only guys can be around it?
    "All the talent in the world wont get you anywhere with out your teammates"

Im just curious...:)
    "All the talent in the world wont get you anywhere with out your teammates"

Comment

That's strictly male territory :D

Comment

Because women are too powerful. :Thumbs

Comment

The Drum

It's a mannn thing.....but I have seen some drums allow the females in their family sing with them.

Comchocldy

Comment

It depends on where you're from.

Comment

Why don't guys wear tampons?

Comment

Originally posted by rez rocker
                Why don't guys wear tampons?

Comment

man's territory???

not necessarily, but that may be because i'm from tha east. but naw, it really does matter where you come from.......i rememba a few years back when i had just started dancing that there wasn't hardly any female singers with drum groups here in the southeast. now, it's a more than common thing.......and i'm one of 'em!!! yea!! of course we still uphold the most scared of all rules, gurlz can't actually drum, just sing behind the guy(s) that asked them to sing with them......pm me if you've got some more questions that i can hopefully answer.....;)

ooneh (later)

:Angel2

love, peace, and frybread grease!!!

Comment

well, here in the new england area we have both "men's" drums and also "mixed" drums, or "unity" drums. and on ocation "women's" drums. the men's drums are what you all are used to...only men singers. the mixed or unity drums alow both men and women to beat the drum. women's drums are those stricly played by the women and never taken out around men. i have also seen at a powwow (my own infact) a women's drum with only women singers that was invided to sing at my powwow.

Comment

drums

here women sing with hand drums. there are songs that only women sing infact. then again there are alot of songs that only men sing... i havent seen women singing on a big group drum around here, but they probably can if they want. they often stand behind the men on the group drums and sing lending high pitched voices. but then again i see groups of women singing together with one hand drum ........
                      so does that answer anything???:D :p :D

Comment

Short and sweet......

Why don't guys wear tampons? (Rez Rocker..)

Classic, classic answer......:)
                        "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

now dont say im an old folgy here but i just dont agree with mixed drums because women are more powerful than men are and mixing power just dont good...especially when a woman is on her moon..now i think that women drum is okay but when a woman is on her moon it aint good to mix those who are and those who arent...ive heard some really good women drums and support them 100 %...but at certain times they shouldnt drum at all..becca

Comment

Re: The Drum

Originally posted by comchocldy
                            It's a mannn thing.....but I have seen some drums allow the females in their family sing with them.

Comchocldy
                            I have seen that this past weekend, at Skwlax Powwow, almost all female singers, and they did place at the drum competition:)

Comment

I was a little confused at your question. Do you want to know why there aren't women AT the drum?

Women sing with the drums all the time and from what I've heard there are some women drums up and coming, but not easily.

It's all tradition...

Besides, if the men are at the drum, it leaves more room on the dance floor for us! :D
                              I'd rather live on the side of a mountain than to wander through canyons of concrete and steel...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X