Pregnant Pow Wow Bunny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant Pow Wow Bunny!

Hey, I'm a full-time pow wow hopper and I was wondering what some others thoughts were about a pregnant dancer (since finding out I am pregnant, I haven't danced) or what pregnant women do at a pow wow in your area..

Just curious!

How far along are you?

Cause I'm sure I wasn't at that Pow-Wow or at the "9" after..

Comment

Originally posted by RezPrincess016 View Post
      Hey, I'm a full-time pow wow hopper and I was wondering what some others thoughts were about a pregnant dancer (since finding out I am pregnant, I haven't danced) or what pregnant women do at a pow wow in your area..

Just curious!
      Congratulation on having a papoose on the way soon. Yes, like Rez hopper how far along are you now? I don't remember anything about a pregnant woman at the Powwow, only that you just walk around normally but not hop two steps. That would confuse the baby! Hehehe Just relax and walk around is the better way like as if you are holding the baby walking around the room to calm the baby to sleep. Also I don't think there is a ceremony for pregnant woman at the Powwow. Have fun.

Comment

Like so many things, there seem to be different opinions on this. I was always told we shouldn't dance when expecting, or even carry children around in the circle, for certain reasons. But I think a lot of tribes must take a different view. Where I live now, although I haven't really seen ladies dancing who are expecting, I often see people carrying their little ones in the arena. So I'm sure they have their own different beliefs about that.
        Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by rez_hopper View Post
          cause i'm sure i wasn't at that pow-wow or at the "9" after..
          ^^^^ haha yea rite!! Jokes ;)

anyways....congrats momma! I'm prego 2 and denver march is coming up 4 me..i'm not dancin or backup singing..i wanna sing 4 tha backup contest buh can't go by tha drum our way thatz kool another day....

~Gonna Be a Mommy this summer!!!!~

Comment

I thought this thread was about some girl that got herself pregnant from bouncing around some drum members... i was about to kick back and catch up on the latest gossip. lol
            The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I thought it was drum related too. LOL~

Comment

Last edited by lbgood; 03-20-2009, 10:04 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

congrats! As for dancing it depends on the area you are in, either way make sure you drink lots of water...thought this was about tipi hoppin...lol

Comment

Where I come from most don't dance or go around the drum while pregnant. They also can't go around many of the ceremonies either, but they CAN work in the garden, but aren't supposed to step over any of the vines or plants. Go figure.

Comment

Congrats!! i too am pregnant ill be 32 weeks this weekend (8 months) and my dad asked me not to dance or be very active so i wont lose or harm the baby. my MIL asked a few times where my outfit was and i told her i was waiting till i have him to dance she understood. i guess it depends on where you are and how your elders feel about it also, i dont usually venture near the drums unless my son is bothering his dad who drum hops occasionally, but im waiting only cuz my dad asked so out of respect for him i am waiting. i would talk to your elders and family about it. good luck
                      SMILE!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X