Optin Monster

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much Native American Indian does someone have to be to dance in a powwow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much Native American Indian does someone have to be to dance in a powwow?

I've been wondering is there a certain amount of Native American Indian someone has to be in order to dance in a powwow??

yes and no and sometimes depends
    but not usually
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
      but not usually

Comment

Originally posted by josiah View Post
        but not usually
        exactly!
        "It doesn't really matter, they don't know any better anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Mato View Post
          I've been wondering is there a certain amount of Native American Indian someone has to be in order to dance in a powwow??
          Just a smidge more than "I'm native in my heart"

but thats just my wee opinion....

oh and Great Gramma's who were Princesses dont count anymore...to far removed......

Can someone explain why Wasicu's feel they have the right to "remove" people in their families ie. My 2nd Cousin Twice removed...how many times do you have to remove a person til they stay gone...geesh...
          Ipsica Waci
          Wicahpi Eyoyambya Olowan

Comment

lol.. on the removed part...
            Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by Lakota Wiyan View Post

Can someone explain why Wasicu's feel they have the right to "remove" people in their families ie. My 2nd Cousin Twice removed...how many times do you have to remove a person til they stay gone...geesh...
              The SOB's are very persistent! Especially if you owe them money, if it's the other way around, just call them 'seldom seen'

Comment

Ok, thanks everyone !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Mato View Post

Dakota,

Which powwow are you talkin about? (Wha chu talkin' 'bout willis?)
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

If your in a position to ask then your probably what my kids would describe as "not NDN enough"...a term I find cute and amusing...yeah I know some of you will think thats terrible but deal.

Lakota Wiyan...well said; very funny

Comment

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
                      If your in a position to ask then your probably what my kids would describe as "not NDN enough"...a term I find cute and amusing...yeah I know some of you will think thats terrible but deal.

Lakota Wiyan...well said; very funny
                      Kinda like "if you have to ask, you can't afford." LOL! I like that. Kids will tell ya straight up, won't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Lakota Wiyan View Post
                        ...Can someone explain why Wasicu's feel they have the right to "remove" people in their families ie. My 2nd Cousin Twice removed...how many times do you have to remove a person til they stay gone...geesh...
                        LMFAO, I've asked probably more people that question than any other question and have yet to get a solid, understandable, answer to it. I guess the answer to the second part of your question would have to be 7 given the expression "Seven degrees of seperation". I have no real idea.
                        CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                        sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Rrr how do you quote someone?

Quote from WhoMe,
                          "Which powwow are you talkin about? (Wha chu talkin' 'bout willis?)"

Just any I quess. Does it depend on a person's location or tribe?

Comment

Click on the box that says 'quote' at the bottom of the person's post.

Comment

Oh ok, haha I feel really, really dumb now. Thanks for telling me.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.