danced into a wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danced into a wall

I am sort of glad pow wow season is coming to a slow down I have hit a wall and just am not feeling it these days.
    Does anyone else ever get this way and how long does it last? I just gave up on my sewing to and put everything away. No sewing. No beading. No pow wows. No nothing.:( hmmmph Just not there right now
    Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

______

What you have described is called "Powwow Burnout."

The symptoms include:

1. Going nonstop to powwows for three solid months.
    2. Neglecting your homelife, bills and people important to you for the same amount of time.
    3. Returning home with a your ndn cloths in deparate need of repair.
    4. Your car having at least five things wrong with it and if it could talk - telling you, "I can't do no mo"!"

I suggest you take a full bottle of sleeping pills and wake up in February.

By this time the effects of powwow burnout should be long gone and you should be desperately looking for any chance to dance again. ;)
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Singerdad
      I saw a fancy dancer dance into a tree one time. :)
      :Chatter :Chatter :Chatter LOLOLOLOLOL:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
      SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Never walked into a wall or a tree, but I saw a jingle dancer once
        with a couple of mad bees after her :D Now that was something to watch:D :devil

Comment

i am definitely feeling these symptoms!!! but ya lol i bought some beautiful new material for my next outfit and its sitting in the corner collecting dust!

Comment

I'd suggest you eat two Frybreads and don't call me in the morning! I'm sleeping in! :D
            Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

my aunt danced into a tree, trying to show off for some guys! that was funny to see only if i had that on camera lol oh well
              "In the depths of a mind insane
              Fantasy and reality are the same"
              - SLAYER

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
                ______

What you have described is called "Powwow Burnout."

The symptoms include:

1. Going nonstop to powwows for three solid months.
                2. Neglecting your homelife, bills and people important to you for the same amount of time.
                3. Returning home with a your ndn cloths in deparate need of repair.
                4. Your car having at least five things wrong with it and if it could talk - telling you, "I can't do no mo"!"

I suggest you take a full bottle of sleeping pills and wake up in February.

By this time the effects of powwow burnout should be long gone and you should be desperately looking for any chance to dance again. ;)

HUH?......I thought it was called 'Powwow Hangover' or is that a different thing? :p
                "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Re: danced into a wall

Originally posted by theepowwowchic49
                  I just gave up on my sewing to and put everything away. No sewing. No beading. No pow wows. No nothing.:( hmmmph Just not there right now
                  gawh, this is exactly how i feel, first i couldnt make it to any powwows................... then i went overboard going to powwows.......... and now i have powwow hangovers,..... but i still have to get ready for Black Hills Expo in a couple of weeks........... my material is collecting dust in the corner too,................ still working on some outfits...........my daughter wants a new outfit.............blackouts again.:Eyepopper

Comment

Re: Re: danced into a wall

Originally posted by thizgirlpowwows
                    gawh, this is exactly how i feel, first i couldnt make it to any powwows................... then i went overboard going to powwows.......... and now i have powwow hangovers,..... but i still have to get ready for Black Hills Expo in a couple of weeks........... my material is collecting dust in the corner too,................ still working on some outfits...........my daughter wants a new outfit.............blackouts again.:Eyepopper
                    hehehe blackouts again... :Teeth. I feel what you guys are saying for real. But there's something about a powwow that always draws me in and gives me a natural high. :D

Comment

thats why ya gotta take the winters off.
                      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I know what ya mean...

every powwow here on the east coast that I've been to this year has either been rained out or the "feeling" has just not been there...

I have danced where I feel like I'm dancing in super glue, ya know what I mean...stuck to the ground, can't pick up my feet or can't keep a beat (missed a whole lot of honor beats)

just not good, lots of changes happening this year all over!!!
                        My tongue got wrapped around my eye teeth, and I couldn't see what I was saying...

Comment

ack!! i got those simtoms too...im taking year off from powwows b/c were busy trying to get the house sold...should be moved out by this spring i hope...im tired im gonna jet now laters yall-becca

Comment

Geeez

im glad to hear that i'm not the only sad sole not feeling it these days. I still got me a mean hang over.:(
                            Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

Cali has it going on til october so if your itchein for a powwow get over here. I hit the powwow overdose but I'm ready for another 1 now.
                              So broke I'm thinking of pawning my gold toof!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X