AZTLAN - what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
    When you see a vet, shake his hand. He's the one who allowed you to write this garbage in this country and not be chastized, jailed or even killed as they would in Mexico, El Salvador, Africa, China, North Korea, Russia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, etc..

Keep spewing your thoughts. However ignorant they may be.
    actually, u.s. military and the business corporations they fight for are responsible for the deaths taking place down south of the border, and all over the americas, and all over the world.

mayan warriors, the zapatistas , are one group that stood up to fight the bs.

the gangs wars and drug wars and cartels, all u.s. made.

not too long ago military relocated the natives in big mountain.

right now big companies dumping toxic waste into the colorado river and using toxic snow in the San Francisco Peaks.

what are the vets and native SOLDIERS doing about it?

nothing, they are on the wrong side.

THey are now in Custer's Army.

THe warriors are the ones fighting for the peoples lands, the water, health care, and rights. ANd they have no guns. THey are outnumbered. And still they fight.

and yes natives do get chastised and jailed and killed here for fighting back.

if you haven't seen any of that , maybe cause you haven't decided to protect anyone yet.

Comment

Originally posted by subeeds View Post
      Trust me, as an old hippie, we would NOT have claimed the likes of this guy. LOL!

Well, Mr. Trickster-because that's what a coyote is, you know, I used the word thesis because you remind a lot of the wannabes that come here, hoping to look at "the NDNs" under a microscope so they can get their college degree in sociology, or whatever ology they think will serve them the best. Or they want to write a book about NDNs and want to find out some secret NDN stuff. As for warriors protecting "your people"-and I use the word "your" because you sure ain't "my" people", are you serious? A handful of your so called warriors are going to take back what-South America or North-against millions of soldiers? Custer in reverse in other words. The land will never be taken back-sad but all too true. There are other things just as worthy to fight for-like decent health care and education for NDNs-or don't you care about that?
      if i was writing about you guys, i would be interviewing you and not sharing a story.

i would be collecting info and reiterating YOUR stories.
      but you have given no story for me to write about.

i shared one you didn't know about.

nowwhere do i talk about this story as a means to take back land.
      i state its the opposite.

still none of you can do anything but avoid and run.

kind of cowardly actually.

yes in some stories, coyote is a trickster. but what is the trick?
      and a trickster in what sense? IN the sense thats theres some lessons here. In all your running and avoiding, you are exposed. I gave you the chance to show what you are made of. THats the trick.

but is this the same definition in all the tribes? nope.
      some tribes he is the strategist in a native army.
      and some he is the warrior of his tribes warrior society.

by the way, i am yaqui. yoeme.

whatever you mean about "my" warriors, i don't know since i didn't claim to belong to any warrior group.

but to say that soldiers that outnumber and warrior group makes the soldiers warriors is crazy.

its actually more warrior like to face soldiers that outnumber you , who are better skilled and equipped, and still face them.
      might be fatal, but thats warrior like.
      to face evil even if outnumbered.

soldiers are not warriors. THeres a difference. SOldiers are hired guns that work for corporations and follow orders rather than whats right and wrong. I don't question there skill, or their dedication, nor their discipline. THey are bad *** in that area.

warriors fight for and protect their people. BUt i guess who your people are can determine that.

but now that you mention CUster. A Native Warrior would never join Custer's Army. Custer and his army is the enemy.

but it seems that some have forgotten that.

Comment

but topic for another thread

anyhow the topic of this thread is about what is the story of Aztlan. ANd who are the Seven Tribes mentioned in that story.

not about what is a warrior.

not about supernatives.

not about vets.

not about chicanos or mexican government.

If you really just wanna talk about warriors, soldiers, vets, militant strategies, armies, wars, etc its best to talk about it in a thread thats relevant.
        I am not afraid to talk about that stuff. but this thread is about an origin story not about militancy.

made a thread just for you guys cause i luv ya so much...
        http://forums.powwows.com/f11/what-y...0/#post1609000
        Last edited by koyoteh; 10-02-2014, 05:23 PM. Reason: sharing link

Comment

who am I you ask?

I am Yaqui on my moms side and yes Mexica on my dads.
          I live in southern California.
          Yaqui grandpa from TUcson arizona decided to move to southern california.

my "mexican" side are more than one tribe. Mexica. Mayan. Zacateca.

my family has gone through all the labels so I know that labels do not say much.

Hispanic means you are from Hispania. OF which i am not.
          Latino means you come from latin speaking countries. of which i do not.

Mexican can mean anything. Can mean a citizen of the United States of Mexico. Of which I am not. But my great grandparents were on my dads side. I am a citizen of the United States of America. but my citizenship is not who i am .

I am chicano being that i am native descendant who's family grew up in urban cities along with other native descendants in the cities. side by side. becoming disconnected or not. WOrking. Experiencing the city life as a native descendant with existing discrimination, police brutality, economic strife, segregation. etc.

I am 42.

being from and in southern california, i come across and also get to know and talk to all types of natives from cali, from the east, from the midwest, from canada, and of course from mexico. since we are so close to the border.

many origin stories have been shared here. Many experiences and political views. YEs even shocking ones that some may call garbage.
          There are plenty of native language teachers here. My kids learned, i did not. a few words and sentences here and there for myself.

there was a time when i was involved in a lot of things. GOt to see much.
          got to be involved in issues that affect natives of different tribes not just my ownself or my own family.

got to see groups get created that would use peoples stories in the wrong way. Some for their people. some against other people.

saw groups grow to protect people.

saw stories get shared and learned and saw pride and inspiration grow.

saw self sufficiency grow and people stand up for self sufficiency goals.

saw the peoples and then native elders no longer being scared and coming out to stand tall against the system.

all that from learning stories. the good and the bad.

best goal for a warrior out here, is to promote and protect self sufficiency for their community and all that THAT entails.and then PROTECT IT and THE COMMUNITY THAT LIVES IT.
          Last edited by koyoteh; 10-02-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koyoteh View Post
            I am Yaqui on my moms side and yes Mexica on my dads.
            I live in southern California.
            Yaqui grandpa from TUcson arizona decided to move to southern california.

my "mexican" side are more than one tribe. Mexica. Mayan. Zacateca.

my family has gone through all the labels so I know that labels do not say much.

Hispanic means you are from Hispania. OF which i am not.
            Latino means you come from latin speaking countries. of which i do not.

Mexican can mean anything. Can mean a citizen of the United States of Mexico. Of which I am not. But my great grandparents were on my dads side. I am a citizen of the United States of America. but my citizenship is not who i am .

I am chicano being that i am native descendant who's family grew up in urban cities along with other native descendants in the cities. side by side. becoming disconnected or not. WOrking. Experiencing the city life as a native descendant with existing discrimination, police brutality, economic strife, segregation. etc.

I am 42.

being from and in southern california, i come across and also get to know and talk to all types of natives from cali, from the east, from the midwest, from canada, and of course from mexico. since we are so close to the border.

many origin stories have been shared here. Many experiences and political views. YEs even shocking ones that some may call garbage.
            There are plenty of native language teachers here. My kids learned, i did not. a few words and sentences here and there for myself.

there was a time when i was involved in a lot of things. GOt to see much.
            got to be involved in issues that affect natives of different tribes not just my ownself or my own family.

got to see groups get created that would use peoples stories in the wrong way. Some for their people. some against other people.

saw groups grow to protect people.

saw stories get shared and learned and saw pride and inspiration grow.

saw self sufficiency grow and people stand up for self sufficiency goals.

saw the peoples and then native elders no longer being scared and coming out to stand tall against the system.

all that from learning stories. the good and the bad.

best goal for a warrior out here, is to promote and protect self sufficiency for their community and all that THAT entails.and then PROTECT IT and THE COMMUNITY THAT LIVES IT.
            thats the best post i read from you so far
            "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

if i was writing about you guys, i would be interviewing you and not sharing a story.

I would be collecting info and reiterating your stories.
              But you have given no story for me to write about.

Soldiers are not warriors. Theres a difference. Soldiers are hired guns that work for corporations and follow orders rather than whats right and wrong. I don't question there skill, or their dedication, nor their discipline. They are bad *** in that area.

Warriors fight for and protect their people. But i guess who your people are can determine that.

But now that you mention custer. A native warrior would never join custer's army. Custer and his army is the enemy.

but it seems that some have forgotten that.

Some like who? I don't like where this is going. There are a good many stories of native warriors today. Just because they are in the American military, you can't presume to understand their reasons for fighting, or that they are treacherous.
              Last edited by gilisi; 10-02-2014, 10:52 PM.
              When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Originally posted by gilisi View Post
                [/b]
                Some like who? I don't like where this is going. There are a good many stories of native warriors today. Just because they are in the American military, you can't presume to understand their reasons for fighting, or that they are treacherous.

exactly.

but i do understand. if you understand, have the same understanding toward all natives, even the disconnected ones.
                even the ones who decided not to join custers armies and instead choose to be against custers armies.

have the same understanding for the natives who today fight the system. its the same , just different sides.

Comment

exactly.

but i do understand. if you understand, have the same understanding toward all natives, even the disconnected ones.

even the ones who decided not to join custers armies and instead choose to be against custers armies.

have the same understanding for the natives who today fight the system. its the same , just different sides.
                  What the F?

First you call native soldiers traitors, now you pretend to agree?

It's official. You are a nut job.

the same? you said this:
                  "what are the vets and native SOLDIERS doing about it?

nothing, they are on the wrong side.

THey are now in Custer's Army.

THe warriors are the ones fighting for the peoples lands, the water, health care, and rights. ANd they have no guns. THey are outnumbered. And still they fight.

and yes natives do get chastised and jailed and killed here for fighting back.

if you haven't seen any of that , maybe cause you haven't decided to protect anyone yet."
                  Are you drunk? You said you live in L.A. So you have been chastised and jailed for fighting the good fight eh?

Hmmm
                  Last edited by gilisi; 10-03-2014, 04:44 AM.
                  When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

understanding goes two ways.

understanding does not imply agreement or disagreement.

understanding does not imply condonement.

understanding doesn't mean 'in all cases'.

Comment

if poeple want to get judgemental and have standards for who and what is real and fake and what is a sellout and traitorous, then i can play along.

using the same logic, then no one should be left out. Not just one group of people selected and targeted.

so soldiers can be used as well. why not? why is it wrong one way and not the other?

or christians can be singles out ? why not? why is it wrong one way and not the other?

its not really about what i believe , rather the point being about the logic people use to target one group of being while excluding their own selves and their people.

for me , thats nutty.

however, i made another thread about soldiers and got a good response from a guy that i actually like. He may have just changed my mind about some things.

like you said approach is important.

Comment

of course i been chastised. not me specifically but the gruops i been involved with.

then later things get smoothed out.

people who do wrong get chastised.

people who do right get chastised too.

getting chastised doesn't imply right or wrong then.

getting chastised by christians for supporting the heathens , doesn't bother me.

Comment

getting chastised by cops and punished through jail, for 'fighting the good fight' , nothing wrong with that.

might be better not to get jailed though.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.