Question about Dance style for Choctaw Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Dance style for Choctaw Man

I'm wanting to get back into dancing at the Pow Wow. I did when I was really little my grandmother got me into it. I've got children that I'm wanting to teach my heritage to and its been a dream. BUT not sure what dance does a Choctaw man dance in? I know Choctaws are more of the social dancing and stomp dances. But I also know that there have been Choctaws in Pow Wow.
    Please any help or any tips. Thanks so much!!

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ACSooner80
    Dance for Choctaw Man?
    by ACSooner80
    I'm wanting to get back into dancing at the Pow Wow. I did when I was really little my grandmother got me into it. I've got children that I'm wanting to teach my heritage to and its been a dream. BUT not sure what dance does a Choctaw man dance in? I know Choctaws are more of the social dancing...
    09-22-2015, 02:00 AM
  • RedHawkeDancing
    Dance.....
    by RedHawkeDancing
    O'Siyo. I am a newbie to this posting on pow wow.com. I have a couple of questions, if I may ask.

One is this. When I dance, I do not dance in regalia like I see at pow wows, or like any of the dancers I see. I dance mostly in a trance like state or I Totem dance. Is there a "name"...
    03-18-2004, 03:23 AM
  • storm
    Why you chose to straight dance.
    by storm
    I never had much choice. It is what my folks did. That was OK with me. I will say more after hearing some responses.

You young guys out there have so many more choices nowadays. Why straight dance?
    (No fair sayiin your too old or too fat)
    02-03-2004, 09:51 PM
  • elbahana
    Stomp dance?
    by elbahana
    I have read someplace that the Stomp Dance originates in the south-east, but is there not a more northern version of the dance as well? Danced by the Ojibwe and other tribes around there? If so, could someone describe it me? x
    11-04-2008, 05:42 PM
  • Full moon night
    Switch dance...
    by Full moon night
    Hi,

I know that Switch dance exist (men dance women's dances et women dance men's dances).
    I've seen a man who are dancing jingle dress dance with lot of fun. I seem to do caricature of women's jingle.

But as I've been told that jingle dress dance is a important...
    11-27-2007, 09:01 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X