Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PowWow First Timer : what can do and not do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ches
    Old Dancer

• ches
    replied
    There is poetry there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    Old Dancer

• ches
    replied
    I know what it is about goodness&#128513 hard work, spirituality, love, gifting, honoring, learning not to interrupt or talk over others, learning not to point with your finger, socializing, using something from the vendors, donating to the drums, dancing to maneto with thankfulness, encouraging others.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    Old Dancer

• ches
    replied
    I know what it is about goodness&#128513 hard work, spirituality, love, gifting, honoring, learning not to interrupt or talk over others, learning not to point with your finger, socializing, using something from the vendors, donating to the drums, dancing to maneto with thankfulness, encouraging others.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    Me & Eyes are the best !

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
    Really?

Explain what 'powwows are all about'.
    You put your left leg in , you take your left leg out , you put your left leg in and you shake it all about ! See , I know !

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    The voices tell me...

• Joe's Dad
    replied
    Originally posted by ches View Post
    I tell people that if you go to three pow wows you will figure out what it is about.
    Really?

Explain what 'powwows are all about'.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    Old Dancer

• ches
    replied
    I tell people that if you go to three pow wows you will figure out what it is about.

Leave a comment:

• KaliskaWolf
    Pow Wow Visitor

• KaliskaWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    I noticed you're making regalia. Do you plan to dance at your first powwow?
    i intended to join the dance when everyone is invited to, but not participate in any official dances

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    I noticed you're making regalia. Do you plan to dance at your first powwow?

Leave a comment:

• Toolbox
    I pull your leg out!

• Toolbox
    replied
    Here is the direct link so you can read it on your mobile: Pow Wow Visitors Guide - PowWows.com - Native American Pow Wows

Leave a comment:

• KaliskaWolf
    Pow Wow Visitor

• KaliskaWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by subeeds View Post
    On the right side of the page, you will see a section called Quick Links. Under there is a sub section called Resources for 1st Pow Wow Visitors. It's a good place to start.

Can't see it on mobile phone but will check it out once I get a real computer thanks!

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    small bead addict

• subeeds
    replied
    On the right side of the page, you will see a section called Quick Links. Under there is a sub section called Resources for 1st Pow Wow Visitors. It's a good place to start.

Leave a comment:

• KaliskaWolf
    Pow Wow Visitor

• KaliskaWolf
    started a topic PowWow First Timer : what can do and not do?

PowWow First Timer : what can do and not do?

hi guys,

i'm attending my first powwow in the end of august at the 2017 Shakopee Powwow in Minesota. I'm half native from my father's side but never got the opportunity to attend events like those, and i was wondering if you guys knew what kind of things I'll be able/not able to do not being enrolled in a tribe (not myself, parents were).

thanks and if you have any tips for first powwow i won't say no!

thanks a lot

aŋpétu wašté yuhá pe

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.