potato dance..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potato dance..

can someone please tell me exactly what a potato dance is? lol. i feel stupid asking this, since i should know. but no one has ever given me a straight answer. thanks :D
    Walk in balance,stay on the path

Sorry can't help you there, I only know the "mashed potato" LOL, I'm sorry couldn't resist.

Comment

Potatoe dance... He he he he we got a lot of potatoe dancin up here in my area.

Potatoe dance is just a fun dance its nothin serious.. Its like switch dancing, done for a good laugh.

You dance as a couple you and someone else and you put a potatoe between your forheads so theres a bunch of couples out in the dance area with potatoes between their faces and the MC tells em different things to do like jump or dance forward or backward, without using their hands... so the potatoe has to stay in between them and the last couple with the potatoe in between them is the winners.

get it?? :)
      NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

:D I've danced that dance before! Only we used a lemon and my partner and I won, was a lot of fun! :Chatter

Comment

lol, ok thanks for the input. :)
          Walk in balance,stay on the path

Comment

i learn something new everyday! :) cougie
            it takes few words to tell the truth and a lot of them to tell a lie..

Comment

Originated

The potatoe dance originated in the sacred city of Spuds idaho where the Spudsders (potatoe warriors) would all gather and they would one by one start stomping the ground looking for the taters.when they felt one under foot the Spudsder wold give a loud warrior shout "Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!" where then a beautiful woman would come out and pick up the tater and look around looking for the strongest Spud warrior. there she called out to him "IS YOUR FOREHEAD WORTHY!" then he would walk up to her and place the tater between her head and his and they would do the potatoe dance until sunset.IF they made it all the way to sunset then and only then would the woman take him to do the horizontal mambo as the winning prize.Long live the potatoe dance...
              Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

LMAOROTF!!!! sounds like a good time though!

Comment

Re: Originated

Originally posted by theepowwowchic49
                  The potatoe dance originated in the sacred city of Spuds idaho where the Spudsders (potatoe warriors) would all gather and they would one by one start stomping the ground looking for the taters.when they felt one under foot the Spudsder wold give a loud warrior shout "Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!" where then a beautiful woman would come out and pick up the tater and look around looking for the strongest Spud warrior. there she called out to him "IS YOUR FOREHEAD WORTHY!" then he would walk up to her and place the tater between her head and his and they would do the potatoe dance until sunset.IF they made it all the way to sunset then and only then would the woman take him to do the horizontal mambo as the winning prize.Long live the potatoe dance...
                  This is a really good story. Really had me laughing really hard. "Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!" that's good.:Chatter

Comment

hahahhaha... too funny...
                    i was like "WTF!?!?!?!"
                    i was confused when i saw the title "potato dance"... but this thread had me rollin'!
                    sorta like the "orange" dance then huh!? these dances are always soo much fun! this one time my partner and i were doin' the orange dance & placed the orange on our foreheads before the dance... by the end we were both tryin' hold 'em into place by pushing our chins together! hahahah... what a trip!
                    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Yeh, It's a hoot. Usually starts with some nice easy round dance. Then when all that's left are the luckey couples whose potato is firmly in an eye socket, cheek, or some other place that it just won't move, the AD calls for a crow hop, or shake dance, or such. Spuds flying all over the place.:Chatter

Comment

sooo the winners are declared mr and mrs potato head???

Jk

Comment

Originally posted by Burberrilish

Jk

:Chatter lmao!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burberrilish
                            HAHAHHAHAH! you're silly!

:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
                            "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Potatoes dance...I am not sure of a dance like that performed as a dance style....
                              I heard of a Soup Dance with War Dance interpretation to the people...Ceremonial

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X