X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pow Wow Etiquette

This page has moved.

http://www.powwows.com/articles/?page_id=11

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=http://www.powwows.com/articles/?page_id=11" />
    Last edited by Paul G; 09-14-2010, 04:50 PM.
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Question on etiquette at a pow wow

Im the average white girl who wants to experience your real American culture and go to the pow wows. (Just watching, not dancing!) Is it ok to bring my bucket load of children, and if they make noise, what is the proper etiquette? do i need to leave or something? Thank you for your reply!
    Heidi in Sonoma

Comment

Average fat stealing wasicu white girl, Please bring your bucketload of chickens. We have knives to gut and clean your chickens for the feed. Bring your puppies too, they can be used for puppy soup.
      Last edited by wanjica_the_one; 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM.
      Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

Wow Wanjica that was harsh. We don't eat puppies. If you think your kids are going to be a problem don't bring them. If I had a but load of kids and thought they would be disruptive I wouldn't take them to your church now would I.

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback Wanjica. I guess maybe i should ve said I m not your average white girl intstead. Mostly because i have a lot of respect for your culture. I grew up in Montana with a lot of Indian friends. By the way, im not afraid of your threat to gut and eat my kids. I thought the pow wows were open to the public, my apology. I guess maybe not so.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. i get it. and yes, my kids may be disruptive, you know how they can be, probbly not the right thing, then. Thank you anway. I appreciate your answer though.

Comment

Originally posted by heidi2010 View Post
              Thanks for the positive feedback Wanjica. I guess maybe i should ve said I m not your average white girl instead. Mostly because i have a lot of respect for your culture. I grew up in Montana with a lot of Indian friends. By the way, im not afraid of your threat to gut and eat my kids. I thought the pow wows were open to the public, my apology. I guess maybe not so.
              Just a little ndn humor...! most powwows welcome visitors....

Comment

Last edited by lbgood; 08-13-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Please note that there's a lot of teasing that goes on around here. And please note, he was talking about your bucketload of chicken, not kids.

I think it would be great for your kids to experience a powwow. Especially one that doesn't charge in case you decide to leave early.

Scope out the situation when you get there, find a place with a good view, and watch on until your kids get ansy. Then take everybody and go get something to eat or drink...maybe check out the stands. Then you can decide if your kids can go watch on some more or do something else.

Just don't let them act like all the ndn kids running around.
                  ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
                    Average fat stealing wasicu white girl, Please bring your bucketload of chickens. We have knives to gut and clean your chickens for the feed. Bring your puppies too, they can be used for puppy soup.
                    too funny my son is still waiting for me to make puppy stew lol
                    don't you be wastin' all your money
                    on syrup and honey because i'm sweet enough

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Comment

Average white girl, I am so sorry. I really thought that I read bucketload of chickens. You see, I am posting on a Blackberry Curve and chickens have been hounding me in my sleep. Your kids can never be too rowdy, just give them some frybread loaded with powdered sugar and a pop. They"ll be just fine.
                      Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

wanjica, ur only the second person i've ever seen use this phrase..."fat stealing wasicu"...on this site

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

No, I am the first. I am The One.
                          Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

Hey were cool... i can take a joke .. now that i know it was all in fun...its the first time i ever got on one of these blog website chat whatever thingy it is.. im too old fashion. i usually think it is dumb. but when saw this one i wanted to be a part. well i think the chickens hounding you in your sleep could be the symbol that lifes pesky little things that bug you may be gettin on your nerve. Let go of all that doesnot matter . that is what i am learnin. take care , yours truly wasica

Comment

Good advice thanks Wyo Rose and everybody . aint nothin like makin friends with people you dont even know... so funny but i appreciate your new friendship. yours truly, Heidi
                              you might say.. wasica .

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X