X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gourd Dancing

This page has moved:
    http://www.powwows.com/articles/?p=171

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=http://www.powwows.com/articles/?p=171" />
    Last edited by Paul G; 09-14-2010, 04:56 PM.
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Brett milligan

Hello paul G, My name is Marland Steeples, and I grew up with Brett millligan who was a gourd dancer. I was sad to learn that his mother( Florian Griggs) had passed a few years back and had fond memories of how kind she was to me- whenever I came to visit> (The Venison Chilli and Fry Bread was the greatest.) I was trying to locate Brett and wondered if someone on here could relay a message for him to get in contact with me. We were old army pals, as well as just great friends. I miss him and wanted to see how he has been over the years. Thank you my email is [email protected]

Comment

thanks for the post...........

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• tsa-la-gi
        Was I really invited?
        by tsa-la-gi
        I was watching a gourd dance session one day, while dressed in my Northern Trad clothes, and I was invited to dance a song by a person. I took off my bustle and steped forward and took the shaker he handed me and joined beside him. When the song was over we shook hands and I handed him his shaker back...
        05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
      • Tiyospaye Yazzie
        Gourd
        by Tiyospaye Yazzie
        What makes a great gourd or a good one at least? I've all sorts of "things" made into gourds. From slat shakers to little round bell things that sound like "bells" when shook. When I was small I decided to make my own when my dad didn't have time to make me one. I made it out of...
        03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
      • scottlollar
        What is Gourd Dancing?
        by scottlollar
        By the name of the thread, I don't mean I have no concept of what Gourd Dancing is. I'm a Traditional dancer and have been for a long time. My father is a Vietnam Vet and has watched me dance since I was a kid. The more powwows we visit, the more he is interested in Gourd Dancing. Someone once told...
        09-18-2002, 12:43 AM
      • TacO5000
        How did you get into gourd dancing?
        by TacO5000
        I was wondering how long everyone has been gourd dancing or how did you become interested in it? I enjoy singing gourd dance myself.
        06-15-2004, 12:31 AM
      • pecostx
        Gourd dance questions
        by pecostx
        my father was going to teach me about gourd dancing after my return from Iraq in '08. Unfortunately he died before I was retired from service due to injuries sustained in combat. Now as a veteran I have a strong yearning to learn about gourd dancing and showing respect for veterans. I have most of my...
        03-23-2011, 02:10 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X