Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing Arrow Powwow, Elmo MT

:chief: Kysuk kyukyit!

Well Standing Arrow Powwow ended late last night or I should say early this morning. It was a good turn out and I hope everyone that attended had a good time. I know at times it was a little slow in the going, but the singing was great.

The drum contest had an excellent showing. Midnite Express, The Boyz, Bear Creek, Battle River, Blackstone, Southern Cree and Young Grey Horse!!!!!

1st place - Midnite Express
    2nd Place - The Boyz
    3rd place - Bear Creek
    4th place - Battle River
    5th place - Blackstone

My niece sponsored a drummer team dance special. Thank you to the drums who praticipated. We had lots of fun and hope to do it again next year. To those who praticipated it is good to see you aren't to cool to have fun!!!!!!!!

Midnite Express took the honors there too.... :dancing3: they sure had the crowd cheering and enjoying the special.

Well....planning has already started for next years powwow. My family and I are discussing a few specials. In the past we sponsored a tiny tot special, but I would like to sponsor a hand drum contest - 49 style. We are also discussing a men's all - around special.

Once more thanks to those of you who joined the Kootenai people in our celebration. Congratulations to all the winners and I hope to see you all back next year.
    Remember who you are and where you came from....see you on the red road.

dance winners..

who won the dance contests???????????

Comment

congrats to the boyz :-D
      Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

Dance Winners....

Sorry I didn't post the dance winners...but I will soon. I really wasn't paying attention until they announced the drum contest. :blush but as soon as I get the list of winners I will post them.....
        Remember who you are and where you came from....see you on the red road.

Comment

MNX rocked the drum team dance...hooo my sis wants to marry Tito now, maybe it was that whole lap dance thing. :Tongue
          "I'm so fresh and you so not..." ~ Dvera

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.