X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stuff to learn about.....

Originally posted by Seesfar
    I went to this gathering. It was a little better than the so called one last year. I attend several pow Wows in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Illinois. I am an Old Style Woodland Dancer.

What exactly is an Old Style Woodland dancer??? Been born and raised in the woodlands and never heard that one....

Cherokee,apache or swiss woodlands???

Very interested.......
    Underneath all this genius I'm just a human being.....but I'm working on that.....

Comment

Originally posted by Noodlz
      What exactly is an Old Style Woodland dancer??? Been born and raised in the woodlands and never heard that one....

Cherokee,apache or swiss woodlands???

Very interested.......
      Last edited by quicksilverwade; 06-17-2005, 02:58 PM.

Comment

. . .He also professed to be able to control the weather.

Uh oh Quick Silver!

You better bring an umbrella too. Looks like well be doing some weather shiftin' - as well as shape and face shiftin' during our "medicine man contest!"

I got my silver bullet ready in my shirt pocket just incase he turns into a werewolf.
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by vince_j
          If you were a part of putting that event together and I offended you... Good!
          I was not part of putting the event together, so you did not offend me. I just merely went there to dance on Mother Earth, and that is what I did!
          Everybody Powwow !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Running River
            I was not part of putting the event together, so you did not offend me. I just merely went there to dance on Mother Earth, and that is what I did!
            With your post count you should be sounding like an authentic native instead of a Mother Earth prancing Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by quicksilverwade
              With your post count you should be sounding like an authentic native instead of a Mother Earth prancing Indian.
              Whatever. To each his own. I don't understand this pettiness and am not going to participate.
              Everybody Powwow !!!!!

Comment

i live in AZ, i know im hot... *and sweaty*
                thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Whatever. To each his own. I don't understand this pettiness and am not going to participate.
                  I didn't mean to be petty but you must consider how others think when one says "Dancing on Mother Earth." It's all good when it is worded into a prayer of some sort but golly gee willikers, what is wrong with you, lol.

Comment

I didn't mean to be petty but you must consider how others think when one says "Dancing on Mother Earth." It's all good when it is worded into a prayer of some sort but golly gee willikers, what is wrong with you, lol.
                    I am sorry quicksilverwade, but I have not had a good week and am probably taking things the wrong way. I apologize. You are right. I should have thought how it sounds to others. I will think before I speak.
                    Everybody Powwow !!!!!

Comment

I am sorry quicksilverwade, but I have not had a good week and am probably taking things the wrong way. I apologize. You are right. I should have thought how it sounds to others. I will think before I speak.
                      No, it is I who should apologize. I didn't realize that your mother had passed away. Brown Eyed Gurl chastised me for being thoughtless especially since I just look to instigate and cause trouble.

Comment

No, it is I who should apologize. I didn't realize that your mother had passed away. Brown Eyed Gurl chastised me for being thoughtless especially since I just look to instigate and cause trouble.
                        No problem. I am just being over sensitive. thanks BEG for watching my back!
                        Everybody Powwow !!!!!

Comment

An old style woodland dancer is a person who wears regalia that has been copied from early 1800s era. In my case, I used to wear 1860s era Apache. But I have since put together regalia based on early 1800s Cherokee design. Center seam leggins and mocs, bandolier bag, long broadcloth shirt, cross sashes, a turban style head cover with a hawk feather roach, etc.

Comment

I am Apache. I went to the Metis powwow. There were 2 drums, not 3. Thunder Canyon is based out of Ohio and IS Native American. The circles of people dancing you saw, were groups of people dancing what ever they wanted , too. This was doe to try to get everyone at the powwow, participants and spectators involved. The birds were brought in by the Staff at Eagle Creek Park. The Red taile d Hawk was nice, but I don,t think a turkey vulcher should have been there. It was a nice powwow until I got a phone call that my mother had passed. I guess to each his own.
                            you a real Apache?
                            hmmm....

Comment

An old style woodland dancer is a person who wears regalia that has been copied from early 1800s era. In my case, I used to wear 1860s era Apache. But I have since put together regalia based on early 1800s Cherokee design. Center seam leggins and mocs, bandolier bag, long broadcloth shirt, cross sashes, a turban style head cover with a hawk feather roach, etc.
                              Then why did'nt you just say you dress cherokee? There is no such thing as a woodland dance style unless you are being specific such as stomp dancing, smoke dancing, social dancing. You make it sound as if it's a particular style at any powwow.

Wade, who is that pic of? Horace Goodhue?????
                              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Woodland Cherokees and Apaches???????.....

err.....sounds like a Civil War Reenactment.....

16 years huh???

Sorry...this just turned out to what I feared it would be....

Not to be mean buddy....but you still got a long way to go.

I'll just leave it at that. Like I said...I'm not being mean...I'm just being real and I hope you can get that from me.

Noodlz
                                Underneath all this genius I'm just a human being.....but I'm working on that.....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X