Big Bay Pow-wow: Embezzlement!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bay Pow-wow: Embezzlement!!

This pow-wow was hosted by the town of Big Bay, MI. The local townsfolk were very cordial, friendly, and fair! This was not the case for some of the Big Bay pow-wow committee.

Specifically, the pow-wow committee failed to pay the bills for the pow-wow. They contracted for:

> A Host drum: Little Otter
    > A Co-Host: Four Nation Singers
    > two regional invited drums, Vet's color guard, head dancers, and local lodging establishments for rooms--NONE OF WHICH WERE PAID FOR THEIR TIME AND EFFORT. tHE DRUMS SANG HARD FOR THE DANCERS----ESPECIALLY WHEN IT STORMED AND THE WHOLE POW-WOW WAS HELD UNDER A SMALL PARK PAVILLION!
    Overall the pow-wow was ok, but what makes it kind of suck, is that a good number of people left their families and jobs to sing for a community, and some of their members dishonor/disrespect their guests by acting as cowards and run with the money!! If you can guess I was part of one of the drums. We literally had to dig in the seats of our cars to pool enough money to get back home!!
    Last edited by Niwiwan2005; 08-05-2005, 11:08 AM.

That was low

Niwiwan,

I feel for you dude. As some threads here mention doing this out of your heart and feeling good about it, I don't really know if these sentiments are going to change your impression of that group.

Send a letter to their tribal office and complain.

If their was a contract, then they have a legal obligation to honor that contract.

Keep your chin up, they're all not like that (at least I hope not).
    "We who are clay blended by the Master Potter, come from the kiln of Creation in many hues. How can people say one skin is colored, when each has its own coloration? What should it matter that one bowl is dark and the other pale, if each is of good design and serves its purpose well." ~~~Polingaysi Qoyawayma, Hopi~~~

Comment

NDN time PowWow

WindowRock last year same way BadMoonRising so. host BearCreek no. host YB took first and got a keen AaHo i'm sure you heard about it
      late
      ski

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.