• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Screwie, whatya doin?!

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

Originally posted by colville_n8iveballer View Post
      isnt dat one dude *edited* a child molester? i cant believe he was on the committee.

* name edited ~ has nothing to do with the powwow and submitted no proof. ~mato
      And who's this Kolville, Kolvillez spelled with a 'K'!

Ayez!

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

new website

It's modest but it's accurate: check it for up-to-date info.

www.arleepowwow.com

Comment

Arlee is always

What you make of it. Every year the entire powwow is a cluster pluck. Every year it's the same. You have over 2000 dancers and about 30 drums. People come in and people leave the powwow. It's no different then anywhere else except it's home for me and I wasn't there this year. The powwow is so big that control is always somewhat lost. Everyone has a job and is always over worked. People who come always have some sort of a gripe and the powwow comitte tries to resolve every problem with what streached man power they have. You can't please everyone so get over it. It's no different then any other powwow.

When you go to Arlee, you will get your basic need if you stay the entire powwow. There are free hot showers, free electricity in many camp sites, and there is always food to eat somewhere on the grounds. All you really need is a tent and a desire to be there. Every other basic need is somewhat taken care of for you. People come in by car, RV, truck, and yes some even walk to get there. If it was such a bad powwow, why do people travel thousands of miles just to get there for a day or two. The powwow cater to people from full bloods down to the wanabi. Everyone is welcome and is treated the same. If you came to dance, you dance. If you came to drum, you drum, If you came for stick game, you play. No one is ever turned away unless you do something stupid like come in the gate drunk.

Everytime I go to Arlee, I get invited to so many camp sites to have a meal every day. Most of the people who invite me in, have never met me before. They see me walk by and ask me in. The entire powwow changes day to day. It's been that way forever and a week longer. So if you have any complaint about Arlee, chances are that you are the problem not making yourself at home on the grounds.

The Arlee powwow is a yearly gathering point for many families who only see each other once a year. Each year there is at least one death and one birth connected with the powwow. It's real life and no one can stop real life.

If Arlee is so bad, Why do people come every year? Arlee is the only powwow I know of where you can come in broke and hungry, and leave with money in your pocket and a full belly.

Enough Said!
          Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Comment

Dang!!!!

Ya think maybe u should've posted that like last year instead of right before the pow wow? lol Take it easy, it's all in the past MAN!!!!! Like no one really knows what u just said!!! Geez...but the fact is that the complaints mainly came from the announcing the winners. They didn't talley up the points from the 5-Day pow wow until the last contest was done on the fifth day!!! That was the main issue. Now what kinda people would wait til the last minute? Geez

Besides-->You're complaining too..........-->ain't no different!!!!
            "~~~The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits~~~ Einstein"

Comment

One more thing!!!

Are you sure you're talking about Arlee? What you talking about.......???.........There are no "2000" dancers ........ Maybe 30 drums when all the locals jump from one drum to the next for more $$$!!!!! You're real funny
              "~~~The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits~~~ Einstein"

Comment

Originally posted by skoolgyrl_2004 View Post
                They didn't talley up the points from the 5-Day pow wow until the last contest was done on the fifth day!!! That was the main issue. Now what kinda people would wait til the last minute? Geez

Besides-->You're complaining too..........-->ain't no different!!!!
                Geez now what kind of people would leave such an important task until last. I would say that the tally was done by a small group of "over worked" and "very tired" people. The same people who dedicate the three to six months before the powwow to have it running so people can complain about how bad it was to them. The same tired people who do it year after year. Some take a year off and others are there all the time. They do this out of the love of the people and the powwow. It could be that the comittee left the tally to last was because they were working the understaffed event. Less and less people every year come to help out. That means each person who shows up to work have larger tasks every year. Ever hear of "Burn Out"? It happens everywhere. People get tired of doing and getting complaints. If the young people who attend these events would be a little more understanding and learn the art of paitents, things may come a bit faster. Giving some of your time to the event may help too. If you're there all week, how about spending a day helping. It won't kill you but it may just help you understand what it takes to put on an event so large.

In the last 10 years the Arlee powwow has been understaffed and the comittee has been over worked. It doesn't matter who runs the powwow. The same problems happen at every powwow. Arlee seems to stand out because the event is so large. Give em a break and be paitent.

That's a big problem with you young people. "You gotta have it NOW!". Better learn to take the time to enjoy life or it will pass you by. The info will come when it comes.
                Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

Comment

Are you sure you're talking about Arlee? What you talking about.......???.........There are no "2000" dancers ........ Maybe 30 drums when all the locals jump from one drum to the next for more $$$!!!!! You're real funny
                  A few years ago when I was there, there were over 2000 dancers. No, not in the arena at the same time. They wont fit. However over the week, more then 1000 regestered and there were at least that many faces od dancers without a number on their regulia. The powwow grows and shrinks. It all depends on the year and what other powwows come and go during the time period.

And yes I am talking about Arlee, Montana. You know the place. It's about 17 miles north of Missoula on Rt 93. If you sneeze you pass it buy and find yourself up on the Flathead Rez. Did you know Arlee has a traffic light and a fire truck now? The town is growing up! What's next a mall? There goes the neighborhood!!!

Comment

It'd be a town if it had Wal-Mart. Most like it to be an ndn mall. lol don't jump on me, just poking fun.....

Comment

Originally posted by fiction View Post
                      It'd be a town if it had Wal-Mart. Most like it to be an ndn mall. lol don't jump on me, just poking fun.....
                      LOL!!! Here is your Official Dump. The Walmart is down in Missoula about 18 miles away. It's one of them super duper Walmarts. So Arlee is covered. Just watch out for the logging trucks on Rt93. On the curves those suckers take up both lanes and fly.

Comment

MAN!!! what are you talking about understaffed? They have like 3 A.D.'s 4 people runnin the books, 2-3 drum judges, and all kinds of the staff's relatives helping out. Me, help? A day outta my time to get bossed around by the many bosses..........yeah right!!!! AND STILL what u talkin' about when there are 1000 dancers registered.........you wish!!! There are no way 2000 dancers...........lol

I'm not the one putting the pow wow down, just that the point talleyin' up was held until the last day. they knew that time was coming, why'd they wait til the last minute. AND about the pow wow committee there are different ones that are in it. Not all the time are the same people there, but it is a choice they chose to do. I'm sure it's stressful and everything, but they put themselves out there to began with. Not like they're the only one's who know how run a pow wow. OR get coordinated.

since your so gun ho about it go help'em out. take time outta your free meal eatin' at peoples camps and go tell them that your assistance is available.

and US young people????? technology would help out a lot in talleyin' up the points....ever heard of MS excel? you might learn a thing a two from "us young people" we know how to get things done "right now" as for me, i still understand the tradition of things and repsect what needs to be done and when. time is precious!!!! go ask an elder!!!

come to think about it, when you attend those "free meals" at the pow wow, do you know the whole reason why they're doing it? it's not just there to feed your face!!!!

Comment

MAN!!! what are you talking about understaffed? They have like 3 A.D.'s 4 people runnin the books, 2-3 drum judges, and all kinds of the staff's relatives helping out. Me, help? A day outta my time to get bossed around by the many bosses..........yeah right!!!! AND STILL what u talkin' about when there are 1000 dancers registered.........you wish!!! There are no way 2000 dancers...........lol

I'm not the one putting the pow wow down, just that the point talleyin' up was held until the last day. they knew that time was coming, why'd they wait til the last minute. AND about the pow wow committee there are different ones that are in it. Not all the time are the same people there, but it is a choice they chose to do. I'm sure it's stressful and everything, but they put themselves out there to began with. Not like they're the only one's who know how run a pow wow. OR get coordinated.

since your so gun ho about it go help'em out. take time outta your free meal eatin' at peoples camps and go tell them that your assistance is available.

and US young people????? technology would help out a lot in talleyin' up the points....ever heard of MS excel? you might learn a thing a two from "us young people" we know how to get things done "right now" as for me, i still understand the tradition of things and repsect what needs to be done and when. time is precious!!!! go ask an elder!!!

come to think about it, when you attend those "free meals" at the pow wow, do you know the whole reason why they're doing it? it's not just there to feed your face!!!!
                          When I go back home for powwow, I usually spend 1/2 the time I'm there helping out. Little girl you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes on what makes a powwow run. It's not the judges or the AD or others around the circle when the dancing is going on. Try to put on a powwow as big as Arlee.

BTW I know all about computer technology. I was programming computers while you played in wet dipers. Half the kids now a day can't back count change at a MickeyDs without using the cash regester readout. Technology has spoiled a lot of things. Sure it's faster and easier. But when push comes to shove and the electricity goes out, you have to do things the old fashion way. I have a feeling you would be lost!

Comment

Excuse me?

Originally posted by TKMJ Productions View Post
                            When I go back home for powwow, I usually spend 1/2 the time I'm there helping out. Little girl you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes on what makes a powwow run. It's not the judges or the AD or others around the circle when the dancing is going on. Try to put on a powwow as big as Arlee.

BTW I know all about computer technology. I was programming computers while you played in wet dipers. Half the kids now a day can't back count change at a MickeyDs without using the cash regester readout. Technology has spoiled a lot of things. Sure it's faster and easier. But when push comes to shove and the electricity goes out, you have to do things the old fashion way. I have a feeling you would be lost!

PPP...LLL....EEEE.....AAAA.....SSSSS....EEE!!!!! Ya know, this "little girl" has to step down!!! Why should I argue when I KNOW I'M RIGHT!!!! Like I don't know what it takes to run a pow wow!!!! complain complain complain what kinda ndn r u? arguin' with your own kind? guess you're not for real?????

Before you start talking about something, you better get ALL your f**k'n facts straight, especially about this "little girl" you don't know a damn thing about me, so quit it!! You have already embarrassed yourself (espcially with all your learning experiences throughout the years, you'd know how to spell) And if the lights were out. . .I'd know what to do. While I was living as a true "native" you were learning about computer technology trying to fit in..........lol

Comment

PPP...LLL....EEEE.....AAAA.....SSSSS....EEE!!!!! Ya know, this "little girl" has to step down!!! Why should I argue when I KNOW I'M RIGHT!!!! Like I don't know what it takes to run a pow wow!!!! complain complain complain what kinda ndn r u? arguin' with your own kind? guess you're not for real?????

Before you start talking about something, you better get ALL your f**k'n facts straight, especially about this "little girl" you don't know a damn thing about me, so quit it!! You have already embarrassed yourself (espcially with all your learning experiences throughout the years, you'd know how to spell) And if the lights were out. . .I'd know what to do. While I was living as a true "native" you were learning about computer technology trying to fit in..........lol
                              If I used such language as you did with the "**", I would step down as well. Very creative!

Now you want to know what kind of a NDN I am? I'm one who took the buffalo by the horns and made something of myself. For my people, for my family, and for me. I wasn't going to sit on the rez and wait for things to happen. I made them happen to get a better life. Just like our ancestors. They did not sit around and wait. They made things happen for the families of the tribe.

Sorry about my spelling. I'm still working on that.

Comment

For all the good people who have ever worked on the pow-wow committee.....I thank you. Arlee's always been one of my favorite pow-wows. The contest results haven't always been what folks might expect......but they'll always be a few surprises and that's just a small piece of the puzzle-----sorry to hear some folks are stepping down and won't be contributing to this year's events. Even though I didn't do well in the contest last year, I'd like to go back because it has an environment like no other pow-wow that I know of. Thanks again for all your hard work and I hope to see you at the pow-wow!
                                "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.