Julyamsh 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furiously-Fancy View Post
    There are favorites in every category because certain dancers have paid their "dues" and have proven themselves in the arena time and time again......but as for knowing who would win------I don't think so. Take for example Men's Fancy......Cory Reeder placed @ Julyamsh for the first time ever.He's been there several times and he "tore it up" every time.......but never placed.Furthermore....Nigel Schuyler has never even been to Julyamsh and he got in......in fact I don't know if Nigel has ever been to the NW area. I don't know anyone that could have predicted the exact order of finish for any of the categories.I think it's pretty kewl how out west we're receptive to dancers from other areas.
    I dunno bout the "dues" part..you cant tell me that you never seen a dancer who absolutely has no business placing but ends up cleaning up due to either family, his "stature" in powwow circles or whatever..I seen it a few times on the trail, some dude who places 1st who somehow tore up "big name" dancers because he or she is liked in the area. Kills the powwow in my veiw...but I dont wanna Gripe cause there are alot of really good dancers who are "big names" who rightfully do deserve to win...and if they are the best dancer that weekend..then give em there props and crown em.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Sandz View Post
      I dunno bout the "dues" part..you cant tell me that you never seen a dancer who absolutely has no business placing but ends up cleaning up due to either family, his "stature" in powwow circles or whatever..I seen it a few times on the trail, some dude who places 1st who somehow tore up "big name" dancers because he or she is liked in the area. Kills the powwow in my veiw...but I dont wanna Gripe cause there are alot of really good dancers who are "big names" who rightfully do deserve to win...and if they are the best dancer that weekend..then give em there props and crown em.
      Oh yeah........we've all seen it. You hang around pow-wow long enough u see just about everything......but we still LOVE pow-wow, because we R pow-wow people : )
      "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

the special was good, i thought i wasn't gonna get in the finals, i watched the dvd of the special the grand entry for it was at least 10 mins. long.....the finals was pretty good i watch my self get tricked on the second song.
        "Go Make Sweat!!!" -Sonny Kennedy- 2003

don't get mad at me im just a critic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.