No announcement yet.

AIA Orlando Powwow Disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also just moved to Florida! I was just wondering about Powwows here. Are there more in the Orlando area?

Comment

That Arkansas powwow was nothing but whites dressed up trying too be NDN. It was sad. There was a few real NDNs there, but not enough to stick around to stay and watch the powwow.
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Were they hobbists? Can't avoid saying if whites or other people but the real injuns do a powwow, it does not look right to me, it looks silly infact. If non ndn's got adopted into a tribe or grew up with a tribe as family members it may be different. I felt honored when a native american friend invited me to go with her at intertribal dance but at the same time I felt akward since I am not ndn. I was a guest and it was great having had that previledge to get invited. So I "walked" with the ladies.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X