Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 - 2012 Powwows.com Princess Travels

Hello!

Since we couldn't get the blog to work I'm starting it here!
    So, I will have to go all the way back to the beginning from the 1st powwow I attended this year, including Gathering of nations and many others! I will also include pictures and here.
    2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Natchez Nation Powwow

This was a small powwow. There were quite a few vendors there. The Cherokee National youth choir sang. They did a awesome job.
    The drum group was the Redland singers (Northern drum)
    All dancers got a free dinner. I did my give-away at this powwow !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Pics from Natchez Nation
      Attached Files

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Gathering of Nations

Whew ! So much to see and do. It took about 3 weeks to recover lol!
        Of course most of you saw this live, right here on Powwows.com!
        Registration is a long line so if you get there at 8 or 8:30, be prepared to stand in line a while. But we got our "will call tickets online" and it was only about two people in front of us heeee he he heee! . I went to Miss Indian World talent contest. And met many great people. I arrived a day ahead of time and just hung out and drove around in Albuquerque. But it was so confusing and we always had such a difficult time getting back to our hotel. Our hotel was nice and had a restaurant that served the best chicken fajitas I've ever tasted! (pass on the green and red chile)

I expected it to be more vendors than there were. Only one Indian Taco booth.And they were $7.00 or where they $8.00? Hmmmm can't remember which. It was okay but a lil' spicy. I love the snow balls aka icy, aka sweet ice. And you can put as much syrup as you want. It was cold and at times windy. So I was not expecting that at all. But anyway it was very beautiful. And so many dancers ! However, all those stairs can be a killer lol! I really wish they'd put in some ramps.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ugidali; 07-25-2011, 01:37 AM.

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Didn't expect to see mountains here in Albuquerque either.
          Attached Files

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

After the Miss Indian World Talent Competition...
            Attached Files

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Armed Forces Day (May)

This was a small non-competition powwow honoring Natives who fought in the war.

(will upload photo when I find it lol)

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

RED EARTH 2011, Live !

It started off with a grand parade! I got to see some old friends and meet many new people who have become great friends.
                The food vendors were better than G.O.N. Lol ! The Indian tacos were the best. The first night there was a Birthday celebration for Red Earth's 25th anniversary. So they had cake and ice cream for everyone and they gave away some prizes there also.

I met with Paul G. again. And sat with them on the stage with the MC a few times. And we gave away 2 iPads for the trick dance contest. Sharon Roberts won the ladies and I don't remember the guy's name who won the second one. (thanks Sharon for telling me your lil' secret on winning trick dance contests lol )
                It's safe with me hee hee.
                It was great chatting online there with some of you including "NDNSoldierboy".
                Hope you watched it live on powwows.com !
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ugidali; 07-28-2011, 01:24 PM.

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

"Roasting" at a Powwow

Turpentine Creek. It was so hot and humid but it seemed like it was "cooler' than past years. Or maybe, I've just gotten use to it. I was really looking forward to the Navajo Tacos. But the lady from Arizona wasn't there! There was another booth that had Indian tacos and they were good to. The homemade rootbeer and frozen limonade were the best!
                  Attached Files

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Choctaw Days in Washington, D.C.

I loved this. Had such a great time at the museum.
                    This was held at the National Smithosonian Museum of the American Indian.Just when you think you've seen it all there's more to see!
                    My favorite area with the most exciting exhibits was on the 4th floor. We did basket weaving classes and pottery classes with real clay. Not that play doh stuff lol! Social dancing and much more.

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Pics from Washington, D.C.

Choctaw Days
                      Attached Files

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

more from Washington D.C.

Social dancing.
                        Attached Files

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

More Choctaw Days in Washington, D.C. !

The food. Sooooooo much to choose from. Food from several different tribes. Mitsitam cafe/restaurant.
                          I got the chicken, frybred, wojapi, and banaha. (almost $25 dollars) The banaha and fry bread sucked ! The wojapi and chicken was good but it was way to expensive.

And get this, the Indian Tacos cost $12.00 !!! The buffalo stew didn't look so "hot" and neither did the chicken so needless to say I passed on that. Maybe... I should have chosen the "Great Plains" side or... one of the other endless choices. Pastel de tres leches was also..... LOL. Nevermind.
                          Attached Files

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Awesome!!! I am loving hearing about all your adventures!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NancyJo View Post
                              Awesome!!! I am loving hearing about all your adventures!!!
                              Thank you!

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.