Cherokee National Holiday Powwow 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherokee National Holiday Powwow 2012

New committee this year and some different way of doing things, First off, picking Headman and Headlady each session not new elsewhere but new here. Drums all were set up to the side, Host Southern and Northern set up in front of the speaker stand.
    Dance grounds were top notch the best I have ever seen and talking with dancers from all over the place they all said the same thing it had the WOW Factor. They hired a Golf Course groundskeeper and it was putting green flat and perfectly short! Wow!!
    Weather forced the 1st day inside the new gym or what is called "The place where they Play" but the 2nd day was outside and it was a great dance
    Looking at the facebook comments everyone is buzzing about the great feelings from the dance. It was only a 2day powwow but it had all the contests including a Drum contest and it kept a brisk pace! Spectator wise I want to say there were thousands I watched a steady stream of cars to well into the 9 o'clock hour (GE was at 7)
    Since there as no Headstaff per se the Specials were none just the committee dance at the end. The contest rules were relaxed just bring your number if they called you if you won your contest. Just a nice relaxed feeling to this dance, I was bit worried at first for the committee I know there was some grumbling on the 1st day but hey NOONE can Plan for the Remnants of a Hurricane to blow thru on the 1st day. And By the way since a Groundskeeper took care of the arena it was ready to go on the 2nd day no PUDDLES!!

Great job overall and we will be coming back!~
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

that's awesome...some new ideas there for next year tribal powwows. :)
    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Buzzybee
      Jacksonville, FL powwow
      by Buzzybee
      The grounds were lovely, the building was great. The Drum was awsum, the dancers except for a tiny handful were traditional in dress and dance. The lack of dancers was a shame, the program was not adhered to. Supposed to have been dancing and etc all day. Nothing got going til 1pm, the drum was sitting...
      10-12-2008, 07:13 PM
    • Mato Winyan
      Arthur's Indiana Metis powwow.....
      by Mato Winyan
      The powwow was last weekend at Indy. I went. I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated after being to the other "event" I went to the previous weekend. It was typical for a Indiana powwow.

Some of the same spooky people were at both events but the real difference...
      06-21-2006, 11:06 AM
    • Creewoman05
      The Snake Dance
      by Creewoman05
      Has anyone heard of this? I was asked among numerous others to dance this, at the Long Plains Powwow a few years back. There was no recording allowed, and it went on for quite some time. Needless to say, we where really tired when it was done. Just wanted some more info on it, thanks again
      11-26-2007, 08:32 PM
    • ugidali
      2011 - 2012 Powwows.com Princess Travels
      by ugidali
      Hello!

Since we couldn't get the blog to work I'm starting it here!
      So, I will have to go all the way back to the beginning from the 1st powwow I attended this year, including Gathering of nations and many others! I will also include pictures and here.
      07-25-2011, 12:14 AM
    • sltate
      Killen, Texas
      by sltate
      Okay, I went to this pow wow this weekend and was a little surprised at some of the things I saw, but overall it was a pretty good little pow wow. I have been here before, but it was a different committee I guess. I never heard of the M.C. but he kept calling us "his dancers", example"...
      09-11-2006, 11:26 AM

Trending

Collapse

• Celena
      I want to share an interesting information for you
      by Celena
      I'll start out by saying the usual things were good about this powwow: the drums and the dancers. It's them that ultimately make or break a powwow, for the most part. There were some really great specials and the dancers really put up a good competition. The weather was mild, and it was not unbearably...
      09-23-2019, 11:54 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X