I want to share an interesting information for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to share an interesting information for you

I'll start out by saying the usual things were good about this powwow: the drums and the dancers. It's them that ultimately make or break a powwow, for the most part. There were some really great specials and the dancers really put up a good competition. The weather was mild, and it was not unbearably hot inside the Pavillion.

The new committee's treasurer "forgot" about drum pay for non-contest drums. After waiting through the trudgery of the usual winners' lists and other announcements, even a brief recitation of the contents of the lost and found box, even the statement, "this now concludes the 2006 Treaty Days Powwow", watching volunteers start mopping floors and folding up chairs; several drum groups by then packed but still on station, still waiting and hoping for a bread crumb on which to get home to Canada, Colville, Umatilla and points beyond. We're a local group, it doesn't really hurt us if this powwow turned out to be volunteer singing; but cripes some of these dudes came in multiple car loads from hundreds of miles away at over $3.00 per gallon. The powwow committee finally took a list of names and addresses and promised to send a check!

I wonder if they got their checks yet?

If they did let us know

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Wakalapi
      White Swan Treaty Daze Powwow
      by Wakalapi
      I'll start out by saying the usual things were good about this powwow: the drums and the dancers. It's them that ultimately make or break a powwow, for the most part. There were some really great specials and the dancers really put up a good competition. The weather was mild, and it was not unbearably...
      06-12-2006, 03:47 PM
    • Niwiwan2005
      Big Bay Pow-wow: Embezzlement!!
      by Niwiwan2005
      This pow-wow was hosted by the town of Big Bay, MI. The local townsfolk were very cordial, friendly, and fair! This was not the case for some of the Big Bay pow-wow committee.

Specifically, the pow-wow committee failed to pay the bills for the pow-wow. They contracted for:
      08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
    • WhoMe
      Nmai Powwow Recap
      by WhoMe
      I would like to publically acknowledge Terry Snowball and Jackie Swift-McCabe for their tireless and often thankless efforts, in their CoChairpersonship of this year's National Powwow! I don't know how many of the powwows.com readership have ever been involved in the planning and implimentation of an...
      08-16-2005, 02:20 PM
    • Wakalapi
      Recording Drum Groups and Dancers for Profit
      by Wakalapi
      A LOT of people record audio and/or video at powwows; perhaps mostly for personal use, but we really don't know in all cases where each video is going or if it may appear for sale somewhere. There are some recorders are very obviously commercial; they bought huge $2500 high resolution video cameras...
      06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
    • Ivanasnagu
      Pechanga Powwow 2006
      by Ivanasnagu
      I attended the Pechanga powwow in Cali over the weekend. If you attended, what did you think about the contest results? I was really disappointed in the adult divisions results. I think there was a problem in tabulations since several won that probably shouldn't have. Some people were shut out that...
      07-05-2006, 02:57 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X