Kyle Dowdy Sr. Memorial Smoke Dance Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Dowdy Sr. Memorial Smoke Dance Contest

Hey all yall smoke dancers, the Dowdy family is putting on a Smoke Dance Contest in loving memory of Kyle Dowdy Sr. It'll be held down here in Allegany at the Haley Building, now the Jo Jo Redeye building. The date is March 29, 2008.

0-5
    Boys
    Girls

6-12
    Boys
    Girls

13-17
    Boys
    Girls

18+
    Men's Old Style
    Men's Contemporary
    Women's Old Style
    Women's Contemporary

NO GOLDEN AGE

War Dance Category
    Open to any age man. There will be no war dance sung for the smoke dance contests, war dance will be just used in the special. You can only sign up for smoke dance or war dance, not both.

Switch Dance Category
    Open to any age. Can only sign up for switch dance or smoke dance, not both.

Singing Special
    Seperate then the dancing specials, and you can sign up to dance and sing if you like.

Doors open at 9am. Registration is from 10am-12pm. Registration is $10.00 per category and specials are same price. Start spreadin the word now folks. Hope to see you's there.
    Nya-weh

Some folks may be wondering what the $ is looking like.

me n my fam will be there regardless of $. Ace to see you separated Old Style and Contemporary. I know lots of old skoolerz that kick butt and get the shaft in a pw smoke contest. It will even be nice to have real judges that are gonna know what to look fer!!!
    onodowa'ga:' gal

Comment

Prize Money

Well I haven't been told what the 'owisda' sitcheation is yet, but when I know, I will post it up here. Hope to see everybody there and yeah yeah.

Comment

whats the word on that social happening on 15th ?
        -[]-[ ]-/\-[ ]-[]-

Comment

The social is to help fundraise for the smoke dance memorial contest. There will be meatloaf dinner served and then some yo' yo's after. I think they're starting to serve at 5, not to sure though. Hope to see ya there gunner, bring yer singin voice cause you'll be singin everything. jk lol. i guess lodunt supposed to be out to help sing to, then there's some afterwards happenins to, from what i hear anyways.

Comment

Da Great Kabooki!

They don't make em like Kyle Sr. Awesome person! Knowledgable! Loves his family! I say loves, because his spirit is strong! God Bless the Dowdy family....uyvsti
            "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Heard this is happening march 8th?? yeah?

Comment

They are having a social on March 8th @ coldspring longhouse to raise money for a singing contest to be held first weekend in may.
                onodowa'ga:' gal

Comment

Date Change

Hey ya'll, the smoke dance competition has been pushed back. There were some minor scheduling difficulties. So the new date is May 17, 2007. Hope to see all ya'll there.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X