Smoke dance g.o.a.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke dance g.o.a.?

Is it me, or are there fewer smoke dance contests?
    NO Schemitzun this year THAT SUCKS!! That was one of the few times I actually got to Smoke Dance during the year-besides my living room

BUT-Allegany Veteran's Pow Wow is having their Smoke Dance this year, as usual....I see on the flyer that Evelyn George-Shongo is the Head Iroquois Judge....

Hmmm...so where else is there?
    "Talk Is Fine- If You Got The Time, But I Ain't Got No Time To Spare...."

4th of July Weekend- Oneida Wisconsin....

Comment

Grand river has a jr category again. not just 17 and under, so that's cool. Wiki has smoke as a category I believe.

Comment

A whole category?! nice....whats it like trying to get up to Wiki, though? I heard that folks have to book a spot on the ferry to get over there-and that it's all camping once you get there....Have I heard right?
        Cuz my piece doesn't do well without AC! *L*

Comment

I usually drive around because i'm just not organized enuff to make ferry times. The ferry trip is nice if you go that way but yeah it's busy season so booking is prolly a good idea. there is a motel in manitowanig (sp?) but I have just stayed with friends in the past. I think most camp though. I wanna try to get up there this yr as I haven't been for a few yrs. Kanawake and akwesasne and fall fair here all have smoke as categories.

Comment

here's da line up i got...Sarnia(special); Oneida(special); Kanawake(special); Allegany; Grand Rvr; Wiky; 3 wks w nada; shinnecock; akwesasne & 6nay Fall Fair.
            So which ones we hittin up??
            homi u can come too!!!
            onodowa'ga:' gal

Comment

WOW-your "letting" her come? All aboard your snaggin wagin

So far then-Im going to Sarnia-your staying home, rite? Then Oneida..........maybe Shinnecock this year...maybe...I might have to choose between there and Akwesasne

Comment

no NDN summer?? milwaukee? lol seems like when we go akwe we wanna b in mil and vice versa.

Comment

Milwaukee is TOOO far to go with my little hellian! Besided...this is a "Smoke Dance" thread, and there isn't any Smoke Dance @ Indian Summer....or is there? IF there is, add it to the thread!!!!

Comment

Smoke dance g.o.a

This unique, high-energy dance music fuses acid, tribal rhythms and uplifiting melodies; .... High-Way 420: Society Of Sacred Smoke (CD, Comp, Dig) Roll It Geomagnetic. ... Goa Trip Vol. 1 (2xCD, Dig) Twisted Illusions Goa Records 2007
                    raft wars 2
                    enterrement de vie de garçon

Comment

well smoke got nixed at sarnia. sigh... still good powwow. anybody know who the singer was supposed to be?

Comment

it was suppose to be Frazer Phillips-Sundown but he didn't have a ride from Tonawanda. The back up was suppose to be Adrian Harjo. Guess he didn't make it either. lol But u can be the honorary winner!!!! lol

Comment

Oneida Pow Wow

so who's singing @ this pow wow? Im going...and Im going to be Smoke Dancing My shins need a break for a weekend! *LAH*

Comment

Originally posted by Strugganona View Post
                            so who's singing @ this pow wow? Im going...and Im going to be Smoke Dancing My shins need a break for a weekend! *LAH*
                            I think the smoke singer is listed on the flyer.

Also, if you can get down here on Thursday over at the Oneida Museum they have cultural fest, and there is smoke dancing there too (not sure if it is open for all or what the deal is, but could call the museum)

Comment

I only saw the smoke dance coordinator unless Im just blind
                              Last edited by Strugganona; 06-29-2009, 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X