Specific steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific steps?

I've never taken part in a smoke dance. Think they're awesome and I would love to jump in but I am always unsure if there is a specific step that I gotta do. Once the drum picks up I noticed everyone has their own style but I notice theres a certain similarity there too. I usually just let my feet do what they want in an intertribal and do my own thing, but is there a specific guideline to follow in the smoke dance? Thanks!

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• lovlie1
    What do you think I should do?
    by lovlie1
    Here is the deal. Before i left for the Navy I use to live in Florida and was advid at attending all pow wows that I could. I had just got permission to dance jingle maybe a year before leaving. Well needles to say I love the dance. To me there is nothing more precious sounding then jingles hitting...
    03-02-2004, 11:35 PM
  • WhoMe
    Step in the right direction?
    by WhoMe
    This past weekend there was a smoke dance contest in Florida. Some of the winners were not Haudenosaunee.

I predict this will be the beginning of the new evolution of Smoke Dance Contests where other tribes will begin to enter this dance category AND... eventually interpret and express...
    11-23-2007, 10:42 AM
  • Ladyhawk316
    Dancing in an Intertribal
    by Ladyhawk316
    Would it be permissable for a "white" female to dance in an intertribal if there is a call from the MC for everyone to come and dance?
    Should that person be smudged by sage before entering? (I would feel very uncomfortable if I wasn't, but that is just me.)
    04-05-2008, 08:47 PM
  • ndngirl722
    What do you ladies do when the drum stops?
    by ndngirl722
    What do you do when the drum stops but the singers keeps going, like here:

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...o=9125&cat=520

I noticed that some of the ladies keep dancing, some stop, and some slow down. Is there a proper thing to do when this happ...
    07-17-2007, 12:13 AM
  • FancyStar
    Why?
    by FancyStar
    Why do you dance Jingle instead of another style? What makes you choose this style of dance instead of another?
    03-22-2002, 11:43 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X