Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet, another beautiful dress!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...922086452&rd=1

Ladies, you need to go put your bids in right away. This dress is authentic, and has even been used at some real powwows! :lol2:

Ohhhh quick.. someone lend me some $$$ so I can bid!! Then all I'll need is that multi colored turkey feather headress to top it off!!

Comment

I know right. And get some pocahontas moccasins to finish it off right.
      god......

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Built in bra that may be removed? What's up with that?

Comment

Where do people come up with some of this stuff?! Gag me! Like, what's happening in Dogue Virginia? Nada........
          "The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota

Comment

I think it looks pretty....nayes...:p

I seen lots of these dresses over at a Boston 4th of July Mini Powwow...that off-the-shoulder buckskin dress is all the rage over there i s'pose.....:p
            there's no "i" in Yakama

My Website

Comment

Looks like it would be cool for the Summer though
              Just kidding..... :Chatter

Comment

This is an authentic reproduction of the dress worn by Pocahontas.
                Damn if someone hasn't been watching too many cartoons! :wall:

:rofl2:
                "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I can't believe they actually took the time and expense to make the darn thing out of hide; my granny would roll over dead, to see me with any skin showing, let alone a whole shoulder. I'm very sure the lady that wore this; to her 3 "real" powwows received alot of unwanted attention, that's why she's trying to unload it now.

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

I liked it a lot actually.

Comment

oooh I gotta get me that! Think of all the snags! LMAO Hey fncyshwldncr let's go halfsies and share it! LOL

Comment

Ok, handing out good rep. to everybody that replies to this post. Will have to wait 24 hours to hand out rest. Now, remember I only want you honest opinions here, your very first impressions, in the raw! Even if you have to admit you just love it; and you'll be the envy of your family and friends...

Comment

My honest opinion! Iwould not wear it to a Pow-Wow! Nope would not do that.

I have seen a lady wear something similar to this and she is a Virginia Native, and is very well known. I want to say Mattaponi, but anyway, this is what she wears. Now she's not in the Circle. She is usually doing demonstrations and talks. Everday life, in the SouthEast.

Now on my Mattamuskeet side we went topless and just a wrap around hide skirt, or feather skirt. Woooooohooooo!
                            Just Be Real, and live for who you are!

Comment

awwwwwwwwww man... what a bummer....
                              too bad it doesn't come w/any apache joe lace up boots or a skunk hide shawl!
                              "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X