Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully beaded yoke or not?

Hello y'all!

I'd like to know, how many of you have the yoke fully beaded, and how many have not.

Okay, okay, I could have made a poll with that question, but I think we had too many polls, lately.

So if you have a pic of your yoke, maybe you could post it.
    :bouncy:

Well, my yoke is fully beaded.
    What's yours?
    Join my FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Mine is fully beaded too! ;)

Comment

Mine is only beaded on the shoulders, as I am a southern dancer. I do see some BEAUTIFUL fully beaded yokes at pow wows though:)

Comment

My top only has applique work on it.... my new dress will be a fully beaded top. I still have a lot more work ahead of me... hopefully by November/Decimber it will be complete!! :):)

I love seeing the beautiful designs... beaded or not beaded!!.. Good work!!
        ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

I have both, but lately, I have been favoring my cloth dresses (Northern Trad), with cowerie, Ivories, or dentallium. Just a phaze maybe??
          Ipsica Waci
          Wicahpi Eyoyambya Olowan

Comment

I'm still working on my first fully beaded yoke. Hopefully by the start of next year's season it'll be done! I normally dance Jingle so I don't have any other Trad dresses at the moment.

Comment

Im southern so my tops are not fully beaded but I do love seeing the fully beaded tops, oohh so pretty, when I ws in high school one of my friends was working on her fully beaded top, and we all had a corner and we would bead away , her mom, me , of course herself an auntie would all bead sometimes for hours.But I Really enjoyed seeing it all come together. And when she wore it id say hey look! heres my "part" of the dress!!! Her mom and auntie would tell us about the designs and what they were ,their meaning it was all really neet.
              I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

I love beaded tops on women's tradish...but sadly as you can see mine is only cloth at the moment. However I am working on my fully beaded top and can't wait to bring it out soon as its done. Also am working on a cowrie shell top as well. Can't wait for that one to be done either. Some how between school and dress making...gotta find time to get it all done. Thats why its taken me five years to even get as far as I have. LOL
                Abs of Frybread and Buns of Commodity Cheese

Comment

Originally posted by littleredblanket
                  I love beaded tops on women's tradish...but sadly as you can see mine is only cloth at the moment. However I am working on my fully beaded top and can't wait to bring it out soon as its done. Also am working on a cowrie shell top as well. Can't wait for that one to be done either. Some how between school and dress making...gotta find time to get it all done. Thats why its taken me five years to even get as far as I have. LOL
                  you keep beading and it wil be done and when it is please post apic I have a red velvet cowrie thats got about 300 shells on it man it was seeing those shell's in my sleep! lol
                  I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

I just made myself another cloth dress, just to change up my colors a little for northern Traditional. My main yoke is cloth, but is partially beaded with seed and bugle beads, don't know if I'll ever get it fully covered. Doing it in sectioned strips though, allows me to keep wearing and using it, while occasionally doing a new strip on it that doesn't take more than a day or two to finish. Just a food for thought.

Comment

Still beadin'

Comment

I don't have pics as of yet but never fear I am continuing to bead on my top when I can. As for my cowrie shell top it is a really purdy purple velvet which will have white buckskin fringe when I am done. Soon as its done will post pics so all can see.
                        Abs of Frybread and Buns of Commodity Cheese

Comment

Here is a picture of the one side that I have done. The other side will have a different but related design. I think this pic is buried in the Gallery somewhere.

[/IMG]

Comment

Sorry, here's the link to the image.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eYokeDress.jpg

Comment

Mine is fully beaded.
                              White with a fine rosebud (pink) & vine design (lime green) with turquise fringe, over a white dress. I wore it first as my wedding dress, My husband & I had a traditional ceremony
                              Suzze

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X