3. To the back

And why??
    To the front
    20.00%
    To the side
    50.00%
    To the back
    30.00%

I tie them to the outside, that's where the knot doesn't disturb me!
    :D
    Join my FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Comment

To avoid the knot problem, a lot of women in Oklahoma use masking tape to hold their leggins. Another way is elastic bandage or a wrap that you by in a farm supply (Atwoods is here) that is used for wrapping a horses hoof. Comes in different widths and colors and is reusealbe if taken off with care. Wraps on like tape but doesn't hurt the leather or cloth.:)

Comment

Sounds interesting!

Never thought of that!
        Thanks for the tip!

Join my FB page:

Comment

My leggins are actually tube shaped. They have a zipper, and a tie at the top.

I was just wonderin' where every one else tied their leggins.

There are differences in how people tie their leggins, sometimes for comfort, in other instances just because that's how a certain tribe has historically tied their leggins.

I read where one tribe tied their leggins to the outside, because they were traditionally horse people. Their leggins were tied to the outside to avoid being hung up while riding.

The tape you buy at the farm supply store sounds very interesting. I might have to try that one! ;) The buckskin can really feel like it's cuttin into your skin

Comment

Thx, Redfringe!
            Your post has opened my eyes!
            Gonna try that tape!
            Join my FB page:

Comment

The straightdancers in my family also use the tape for horse hoof (bought at farm supply) to keep their bells from slipping and cutting into their legs. Also protects white leggins from stains from metal.:)

Comment

You can also use that ace bandage type of stuff that is sticky. It sticks to each other but not your boots. I had been doing that (thanks Lumbee Pride :) ) but someone else suggested getting a piece of elastic the length I need and sew the ends together. Then all I do is slip it over my boot.

Anyone else got any suggestions?
                Becky B.

Comment

I usually tie my leggins in the bath room where I'm get'n dressed.

Used to use that duct tape to tape up my goats. Kept them on great but get'n them off.:Cry

Benther_Dunthat

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X